How About A Quit Smoking Challange

-
Cool, I've heard of that product. I'm glad to hear it is working for you. And I can relate to everything that you said. Even the going to the parking lot to get a butt.

Ten days here and going stronger. Welcome aboard Grump, it'll be the best thing for you.

Interestingly, when I feel at a crossroad between tasks or projects, I would naturally take a butt break. That is the only urge I now have. I simply jump onto another task or continue with the one I am on and the desire disappears.

It's 4-10...where's everybody at and how are ya doin'?? I'm hangin' tough...can joke about wanting a smoke without thinking next of heading for the parking lot...

I am proud of the people here who are trying to better there health and lives.
Congrats. Ten days in and no smoke is great, but you are still a smoker. The real name is a "Smoker in non Smoker Training" . look at all the people who say " I have quit 100's of times" All it takes is a bad situation to put ya back in that place. So be strong folks and buckle in for a long and bumpy ride... i wish you all the best !!!

Now... for anyone intersted.... especially the long time 2 pack a day smokers... i have a pretty decent and easy plan to follow that has helped a few long time addicts of smoking stop. I am not selling anything, I am not saying you will be cured, but have had many people say my little plan worked well for them. Long time addicts are going to have a incredibly hard time quitting cold turkey. My plan is more of a weening off of them and your body learns that it doesnt need and soon repels the urge. I can post it on here in the open forum, but I am afraid it might get lengthy.... you can pm me for the information, or if you all insist I will try to post it on the open forum.

-RPM

I'm in with you guys too! Been out here lurking in the side lines cutting back. I'm presently dealing with an IRS audit didn't want to try cold turkey in the middle of that. But Saturday is my youngest son's 21st birthday. I think that is a great day to put an end to 40 plus years of smoking!

I'm in with you guys too! Been out here lurking in the side lines cutting back. I'm presently dealing with an IRS audit didn't want to try cold turkey in the middle of that. But Saturday is my youngest son's 21st birthday. I think that is a great day to put an end to 40 plus years of smoking!
That would be a good mild stone time to get started CudaFS1 :toothy4:
Let your son know that we all said Happy birthday from all of us here and let him share what he douse on his 21st birthday :blob:
I bet it would make a good thread to hear what some of us did on our 21st birthday, Or in my case 18th birthday :pirat:
Glad to have you on board with us.

Well it,s Friday night,I,ve slipped a couple times.I got rid off the 21mg patch and am gonna try the14mg,s(full price $22 1 week)rest of my life priceless!!I can do this,I,ve been down this road before!Stay tuned.

Congrats to all on the challenge!! I just jumped in here at the end to offer words of encouragement. I quit two years ago and haven't looked back! It can be done, and you will feel so much better for doing it.

I haven't read the whole thread so please excuse me if this is a repost. You can go to www.quitmeter.com and enter your quit date and some other information. It will track how long it's been since you smoked, how many cigs you would have smoked, and most importantly, how much money you now have to spend on your car!!!!

Keep up the good work people!!

Like Brian I too quit several years ago... in fact it's been about 8 years! I used to smoke a pack and a half a day.

One day I got rid of a lot of crap in my life (long story) and that included butts. It took me a few weeks but since then I haven't looked back!

Never want one anymore, used to think I couldn't live without them now I can't imagine life with them.

KEEP THE FAITH! It's worth every second of your life and quality of life you get back!!!!!!!!!!

Keep it up guys!

That would be a good mild stone time to get started CudaFS1 :toothy4:
Let your son know that we all said Happy birthday from all of us here and let him share what he douse on his 21st birthday :blob:
I bet it would make a good thread to hear what some of us did on our 21st birthday, Or in my case 18th birthday :pirat:
Glad to have you on board with us.

Son's having a normal 21st birthday. His Grandmother, Mom & I took him out to nice restaurant for dinner, earlier this evening. Now he's down in the basement with friends having a party. Who knows what's going on down there now. I wasn't invited!

Son's having a normal 21st birthday. His Grandmother, Mom & I took him out to nice restaurant for dinner, earlier this evening. Now he's down in the basement with friends having a party. Who knows what's going on down there now. I wasn't invited!
I hear ya :toothy10: I could bet they had a great time CudaFS1 :cheers:
Go down stairs and take some pictures for us :toothy10:

its been over a month but this weekend i wanted to smoke but i did not got to be strong

Just an update to let ya'll know I'm still on the wagon and making progress. Just a matter of time until I get sick and hurl because of a cigarette and that will be the end of it. I haven't touched tequila since I woke up in a bathtub because of the mess I was making. That was almost 40 years ago. Keep on keeping on and we can make it guys.

I haven't touched tequila since I woke up in a bathtub because of the mess I was making. That was almost 40 years ago.

Man can I relate to that...about 34 years ago I over indulged in the Jose...that was on Wednesday...I woke up on Saturday...
Glad to hear your hangin' tough on the smokes...keep workin at it and you'll win.

Hah. I had a bout with 100 proof Southern Comfort one New Years Eve many moons ago. I woke on January 2, 1974.

What's happening guys?? Got kinda quiet....who's still in?? Two weeks tomorrow for me and a friend of mine..he says he's about to give up though cause he gaining weight, I reminded him he was gaining weight before he tried to quit cigs.

What's happening guys?? Got kinda quiet....who's still in?? Two weeks tomorrow for me and a friend of mine..he says he's about to give up though cause he gaining weight, I reminded him he was gaining weight before he tried to quit cigs.
:toothy10::toothy10:
A good friend will tell it like it is. :cheers:

Tequila is a med. so it has it's limits, one to two shots in a four hour period is all it takes to give you the affect of good feeling, anymore and like they say you will hit the floor. I am smoke free excluding a smoke last night when I returned from our Easter dinner with 5 children and my two sons and wives mother in law and allot of good eating, I overdid the ham and bacon wrapped asparagus spears, I got home and lite one up and fell a sleep after.
I got back up and brushed and got on here and got all excited when waggin showed me my new dual exhaust for my 170/ low deck engine and ask my wife for a cigarette and she said you really don't want one! So I popped a peace of butterscotch in my mouth and was glad I did.
It is so much easier to just do with out them anymore, But the craving that my brain is sending me is just that Its all in your head.
There is so many other things to do with your time and hands then fire up a shitty smoke. Its going great. Hang in there grumpuscreature, It will be worth it this summer :cheers: what is this new stuff they call "Final Smoke" ?

I'm still in. Just been going about my business. I went to the families on Easter. That was the hardest for me so far. I really wanted to smoke. My moms husband was smoking constantly. I've been spending my money in my jar. I'm going to be purchasing a V8 radiator, parking lights, V8 engine gasket set. So that is cool. Still plugging along.

Yup, still in. I think I'm finally feeling like a non smoker. The urge is less and I have this feeling like I can do it.

-
Back