How About A Quit Smoking Challange

-
My morning coffee is tasting like crap, notice any difference with yours without a smoke or is it just me?
Your morning coffee is tasting the way it should. The difference is, now you can actually taste it.

I drank alot less coffee when I quit.

I tried to smoke on last night at 11pm
I could not do it :thumbdow: all it took was a puff or two and I snubbed it out [-(
I looked at it in my hand and it was not a natural felling and looked stupid.
I can still see it in my wife's ash tray. It looks like a nice day to take a walk and enjoy some exercise and fresh air. My granddaughter will not ever smell a nasty sent of tobacco on me ever again.

CARSHOW 105.jpg

The cig still does not stink to me, however some people that smoke are beginning to stink to me. Guess I am getting there.

The cig still does not stink to me, however some people that smoke are beginning to stink to me. Guess I am getting there.
Yes you are getting there duckbuster :cheers: My wife can not smoke at work and when she jump's in her car she fires one up after another and when she walks in the house and tells me hello and a quick kiss it is smelly and nasty, I give her one of those looks and she don't like it.:toothy10: Yes I would say if you can keep up the fight you will be on the bright side.
My old ivories are looking better and I have found out that a banana has a stronger taste then ever :cheers:

Yesterday was day 7 and the hardest day. Today I feel good and I feel like a non-smoker. Think I might take a walk also.

I ended up mowing the back yard and got winded out fast and got a head acc. I did a loud of laundry and made myself a grilled cheese and 1/2 an apple. I am tired and it is a beautiful day outside. maybe an hour nap will make me feel better, I know a smoke wont make me feel better so a nap it is.
I stayed up last night past my bed time and it is hitting me know.

CARSHOW 110.jpg

CARSHOW 109.jpg

The ultimate test of staying quit will be this week-end and Mopars at the Rock. Two hour ride, at the race track all day. This will be the make-it break-it test.

The ultimate test of staying quit will be this week-end and Mopars at the Rock. Two hour ride, at the race track all day. This will be the make-it break-it test.

I have yet to take a long road trip since being on the butt wagon. I have been chewing on wooden matchsticks occasionally. It kinda takes the place of figety fingers that are used to handling butts. Wait a minute; that doesn't sound quite right.

I'm still craving a smoke but it's getting less and less...I bought a new truck back in December and resolved not to smoke in it and have taken several multi hour trips...but I don't know about a day at the track or a show...we'll see...

My wife (Tammy13) is picking up her Chantex today. Maybe in a few weeks she will join you guys.8)

It,s been Day 3 for me and I,ve been having some nasty dreams,maybe I should get the lighter patch(14mg)I have the 21mg cause they were on sale!Yeah I,m a cheap skate.I need to start a loonie jar(for more parts ofcourse!)This weekend is a 4 day weekend for me,hope I can keep it together.:clock:

It,s been Day 3 for me and I,ve been having some nasty dreams,maybe I should get the lighter patch(14mg)I have the 21mg cause they were on sale!Yeah I,m a cheap skate.I need to start a loonie jar(for more parts ofcourse!)This weekend is a 4 day weekend for me,hope I can keep it together.:clock:

Can you cut the higher strength patches?

I just read that for every cigarette you smoke you take 11 minutes off your life. Looks like my wife will be putting up with me a little longer know.
I can not say smoke free because I did light one up the other night and put it out ,But I am a none smoker know, I look around me and all I can see is butter scotch candy rappers and cut up straws. The tooth picks had to go.

Well, I'm still sort of on track, although I've smoked a few cigs this past week. More turkey than cold turkey I guess. :) But, I'm still strongly resolved to kick this damned habit in the gonads. Starting this afternoon I have a 4 day weekend and I'm going to hunker down on the home place and stay away from the butt temptation as much as possible. I think shooting gophers along my driveway should be a good pressure relief. :)

Day 9 here also. I noticed that when I quit the coughing got worse, but very little coughing today and I feel pretty good.

I'm O.K. I just have cravings in the morning with my coffee. I think it is over. I'm sure glad I dont drink alcohol. If I still drank I'd never quit. Anyway, All is good.

My daddy always told me a smart rooster doesn't crow until the sun is up for sure. If it ain't too late add me to the list. I started cutting back on the 1st by simply waiting until I just HAD to kill something before lighting up. Managed to get down to 5 or 6 a day and maintained that level for a week. Started using the patches yesterday (they're a ***** to keep lit) but was having some ungodly urges and in a really foul mood. Until today. Found a product that so far is the missing piece to the puzzle. It is a little bottle of homeopathic pills called Stop Smoking and is made by Washington Homeopathic Products Inc. Found them in the supplement section of our local health food store/Pharmacy. I figured for 7 bucks what do I have to lose? Best money I've ever spent. I was waiting on a prescription and looking at the supplements to kill time when I caught a craving that had me wanting to go out in the parking lot and find a butt. Saw the pills, bought them, and by the time they had dissolved in my mouth the craving was gone. 4 hours later and it's still gone. If they don't have them at your local tree hugger emporium, you can get them online at www.homeopathyworks.com under compounds or call 1-800-336-1695. It's hugely ironic to me that the company is located right here in West, By God, Virginia. With the tools I have now, it is safe to say I have this quitting thing by the *** in a downhill drag. Hope ya'll are doing as well too. :prayer: :salute: :thumbup:

Grumps from what I understand you should be the first one on the list, didn't you already have a heart attack?? Glad to have you join us and super that you found something to ease you through....good luck...

Dave

I can not be happier hearing this grumpuscreature.
I have out dun anyone's expectations here at home myself.
And to hear you are on the wagon with us, To Cool :rock:
I was cutting back like you back after the big ice storm here a few weeks back and know when I pick one up it just don't do anything for me exempt taste like rat hair rolled up in a paper.
This will be out of our lives before you know it. \\:D/\\:D/

-
Back