How About A Quit Smoking Challange

-
I just got home from the drag strip. That was tough, all my buddies smoking away and I almost bumbed one, But I didn't. 4 whole days in the bank! I sure hope this starts getting easier.

Wow, after the day I had I`m thinking of taking up smoking. It started with no breakfast, an expired ATM card, a trip to the DMV, and a blown head gasket on my daily driver.

Ouch! That sucks.

My friend Darla is dropping by with a fresh pack of marlboro reds and a bottle of rum. :-D

I actually quit once for two years. The single dumbest thing I have ever done in my life was to start smoking again. I smoked another 10 years before I quit again for good. Going through that twice really sucked!

Those that have gone a couple of days don't quit now! You are in the home stretch! It DOES get better!!

It took me about 3 months before I could actually tell my lungs were working better. Once the cilia in your lungs start to grow back (smoke kills them) you will start to cough up all the crap that was stuck in your lungs and your body couldn't clear. Then you will feel better.

Have you guys noticed how much you are getting done and how much more free time you have because you are not spending 20 minutes out of every hour smoking?

Wow, after the day I had I`m thinking of taking up smoking. It started with no breakfast, an expired ATM card, a trip to the DMV, and a blown head gasket on my daily driver.

Sounds like a real bad day Longgone#-o, I know you are not going to pick up a bad habbit:toothy7:, So have a rum and coke with me and ramcharger and hopefully the worst is behind you know.:drinkers:

Good deal, 65, keep at it. Memike, stay strong on this...I want to be able to join you in a favored beverage some day at your tiki bar.
Nothing can make me turn back know :cheers: There is a stool for you at the Barr now.:cheers:

I just got home from the drag strip. That was tough, all my buddies smoking away and I almost bumbed one, But I didn't. 4 whole days in the bank! I sure hope this starts getting easier.
That had to be Hell SGBARRACUDA :snakeman: You must be a strong man or you are very happy with your comitment to quite.
I hope it is going to get easyer for you 8), But there will be some trying days ahead for sure, But it sounds like you have a real good start, In New York if you smoked two paks a day over the week end it would have cost you $10 a pack, $40 dolors in two days and a healthy way of living :cheers: Stay strong bud.

I actually quit once for two years. The single dumbest thing I have ever done in my life was to start smoking again. I smoked another 10 years before I quit again for good. Going through that twice really sucked!

Those that have gone a couple of days don't quit now! You are in the home stretch! It DOES get better!!

It took me about 3 months before I could actually tell my lungs were working better. Once the cilia in your lungs start to grow back (smoke kills them) you will start to cough up all the crap that was stuck in your lungs and your body couldn't clear. Then you will feel better.

Have you guys noticed how much you are getting done and how much more free time you have because you are not spending 20 minutes out of every hour smoking?

So true :cheers:I had to give it a bump 8) Thank you 340 Dart

5 Days in the bank, still smoke free, I still get a strong craving every now and then. But I refuse to give in. So whats the head count on how many are still smoke free?

Sounds like a real bad day Longgone#-o, I know you are not going to pick up a bad habbit:toothy7:, So have a rum and coke with me and ramcharger and hopefully the worst is behind you know.:drinkers:

No worries ,I wouldn`t do anything like that but if I had to smoke something it wouldn`t be a conventional cigarette. :cool:

Still at it..craving but hangin tough...not as grumpy today and got alot done. If you've ever drilled all the spot welds on your Dart floor and removed it in one piece you'll know what I mean by alot. Plus did some cleaning up around the yard, the wife is pushing for me to sell one of my convertibles to get it out of the yard so I figured if I helped with the spring cleaning she may let it stay a little longer. Been trying to find a house on some land with a larger garage/shop or room to build one bigger then the two car attatched I have now. If I had someplace to park the convertible that she wouldn't see it everytime she went to the yard she'd forget I have it.

Well today is my quit day!My dad had a mini-heart attack(doing better)early sat.That was scary,almost lost him,but he,s doing better.My Mom and sister were both nurses so they no what happened,he,s also in the best heart hospital in the Toronto area(Trillium Hospital).I,m loading up on gum and toothpicks before work.Wish me luck!Scott.

Congratulations to all that have quit and have decided to quit!!

I woke up on 02/13/09 and decided to quit for good. Some helpful things I did prior to that date:

1. Stopped smoking in my car
2. Delayed time between cigarettes
3. No sugar in my coffee (cigarettes and coffee are like milk and cookies)
4. Started to exercise

The wife has kept me busy and it is easy to say no!! I could not even smock one yesterday as I sat down for a brake, nasty nasty taste
I had to brush and wash that dang stuff off my toque,
I don't even want to try another one it was so bad.
I had two tangerines and a bag of butterscotch candy to munch on.
The closet is dun and the shelving put up. Know I just have to mud in the outside corners.
My Dr. is going to be happy that I have got smoking out of my daily routine.

:worthles:

You can see the wall that was taken out, She is happy :love7:

CARSHOW 073.jpg

Well, I've made a full 24 hours totally smoke free. It's a lot easier than I thought it would be. :toothy3: The only mild symptoms so far are a knot the size of Manhatten in my gut, :roll: a slight headache with a F-18 using my scalp as a runway, :axe: and I think all of Tarzan's apes slept in my mouth and all deficated prior to their departure this morning. :puker:

Other than that , I feel jus fine!! :sad5: Anyone crosses Sid's path today best be smilin' and movin' fast. :boxing:

Did I mention that I feel great?? :shaking2:

:)

Well, I've made a full 24 hours totally smoke free. It's a lot easier than I thought it would be. :toothy3: The only mild symptoms so far are a knot the size of Manhatten in my gut, :roll: a slight headache with a F-18 using my scalp as a runway, :axe: and I think all of Tarzan's apes slept in my mouth and all deficated prior to their departure this morning. :puker:

Other than that , I feel jus fine!! :sad5: Anyone crosses Sid's path today best be smilin' and movin' fast. :boxing:

Did I mention that I feel great?? :shaking2:

:)
:cheers::cheers: I hope you have a great day Sid, That is a big deal for a 40+ year smoker. I bet no one got in your way to the bath room sink to get the apes mess out of your mouth :blob:, I am so proud to have you on board with us to quite this thing that the world put in front of us as youngster's.
Fresh fruit and water has been a good friend of mine. I switch to a straw after having a tooth pick stab me in the lower jaw.

a slight headache with a F-18 using my scalp as a runway :toothy7:
take a aspirin and call me tomorrow.
Congratulations OldVart, You are an inspiration to all the young guns here throwing these smokes out of our life.=D>=D>

Seven days, six hours for me. Doing better each day. Keep it up fellas.

My wife is on her way home and I will be able to smell the smoke on her.
They have a Bomb threat going on at her work NOW.

Good choice OldVart, chase a couple of parked cars wont get you winded.

Look what my darling got me for a snack. Yep I could smell cigarettes on her.

CARSHOW 077.jpg

Well I chased 3 and I actually caught 2 of them. Now, along with the previously mentioned maladies, I have a flat forehead! Damn. Good thing I was too slow and tired to catch the third one. :)

-
Back