How About A Quit Smoking Challange

-
Still on the wagon. Almost three days for me thus far. The desire for smoking a butt is decreasing daily. Interestingly, the urge for a butt comes when I pass by or through my usual smoking areas (outside on porch or in garage).

Hold on you guys; it does seem easier with time.
A very old wise man told me that smoking is like oral sex...........the closer you get to the butt the stronger the flavor!:usa2:

A very old wise man told me that smoking is like oral sex...........the closer you get to the butt the stronger the flavor!:usa2:

God, help me! I must be delerious. I just had a vision of Barney Frank and Richard Simmons going one short of 70. Someone shoot me!

You guys want to quit, move to Taxachusetts, they almost $9.00 a pack here. I'm done to a pack a week, soon to be none.

Still no cigs, but I feel like a 55 gal drum of a$$holes. No energy, my BP has dropped to nothing 98/53, my rate is 55-58. I think quiting is going to kill me!

Well, I'm still smoke free!!!! I've been a really grumpy A-hole though. I've been in a couple of stupid fights with my babies mom so far. She is quitting too. This is hard. It is hardest in the morning with my coffee. But I got $18.00 in my jar and I am still going at it.

Still no cigs, but I feel like a 55 gal drum of a$$holes. No energy, my BP has dropped to nothing 98/53, my rate is 55-58. I think quiting is going to kill me!

NO! Thats what it wants you to believe! Stick to your guns!

Nah, not to bad, I feel like I can kick Chuck Lidells A$$ right about now. My nerves are shot, Man there has got to be something that deals with the nerves? But I havn't had a cig yet! I could smoke this computor right about now if I can figure out how to get it lit! LIFE IS GREAT!

Well, still at it. Where is everyone else???? It seems like there is only a couple of us still checking in????Am I wrong?? Anyway, this is rough in the morning. And I cant sleep very well at all. But I'm still at it. I got $24.00 in my jar.

I,m still quitting tomorrow night(Sunday)I got a call this morn,my dad had a mild hear attack(in hospital)wasn,t doing to good,but got a call at noon and he,s doing better.I,ve got alot of stress in my life right now,but am looking forward to quitting!I,ll keep posted.

Keep it up guys...4 days no cigs that is an accomplishment. Stay strong thru the wkend and come monday you'll be into a new week without 'em. Those of you who have lit up, don't give up, keep at it, you can do it.

I fell off the wagon...again....and got road rash this time.
Get back on it tomorrow with Pettyblue.
Hope your pop will be OK Petty.

George

Still in over here. Sorry to hear about your dad, PBD, I hope he recovers quickly. This could be reinforcement for the rest of us.

I had a few last night. I was on my way home last night and allmost hit a cow. Then I am running up and down the road trying to get the thing back on its side of the fence when I got a call from my Dad saying he was trying to straten an axle in the press when the thing shot out and hit him in the shin. Spliting him open. So I rushed home to help him get it raped up and on his way to the clinic to get stiches. So ya I had a fun night. LOL

But I am back on the horse now. So far so good today.

Same here Sid, I had a half a smoke this morning on my why to the car show in town but I could not smoke it all. I slipped one out of a pack of my sons pack this morning thinking I might have one. Tasted like $h!T, I have been doing real good and I feel good that I am a none smoker.

Quote I feel like a 55 gal drum of a$$holes. No energy. Yep I remember the low energy days and raining outside sure makes for a good day to sleep and wake up and drink a quart of water or set back and enjoy some coffee.

Boy, I just got back from taking my daughter to a local carnival. It is really easy to stay smoke free when I'm at home and not around any smokers. But when I was at the carnival there were people smoking all over the place. I really wanted one until I went up to a dude to ask for one, and he opened his mouth and smiled and there were the most horrible black yellow teeth I'd ever seen. I nearly got sick and It took my craving away. I just said "never mind" So I almost caved in but I didn't.

i have been smoke free for about a month so i did this
2 packs a day 10.64
week 74.48
month 297.92
a year about 4 grand

Boy, I just got back from taking my daughter to a local carnival. It is really easy to stay smoke free when I'm at home and not around any smokers. But when I was at the carnival there were people smoking all over the place. I really wanted one until I went up to a dude to ask for one, and he opened his mouth and smiled and there were the most horrible black yellow teeth I'd ever seen. I nearly got sick and It took my craving away. I just said "never mind" So I almost caved in but I didn't.
I hear ya dude :-D There sure is a lot of things that turn you away, Smell and health , Not including how much more respect you have for yourself and doing the right thing. We look so much smarter with out a but hanging out of your mouth and I need all the help I can get in that subject :-D
Proud of you dude =D>:thumbrig:

i have been smoke free for about a month so i did this
2 packs a day 10.64
week 74.48
month 297.92
a year about 4 grand

You have it going on swinger340, after 3 to 4 week you should be at the point that you can smell a smoke two blocks away :cheers:

i took chantix everything does taste better i have to do this and stay off the smokes i mean i have little ones i want to be around longer here latley i even forgot i smoked u guys can do it but u have to want its all up stairs in ur mind but hey its only been a month for me

Good deal, 65, keep at it. Memike, stay strong on this...I want to be able to join you in a favored beverage some day at your tiki bar.

Wow, after the day I had I`m thinking of taking up smoking. It started with no breakfast, an expired ATM card, a trip to the DMV, and a blown head gasket on my daily driver.

-
Back