How About A Quit Smoking Challange

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Man I have quit a hundred time. So I thought all the smokers on here that want to partisipate that we come up with a quit date say April 1 ( what better day than April folls day) We can check in every day to support each other and to update each other on our problems and successes. What do you think?

I think it would do me a world of good.:clock:
I am tired of smoking and want to quite completely.
The morning time is the easiest for me that is when I am staying busy grooming ,picking up the mess my wife and son left for me in the kitchen
and bathroom and listening to music.
Its when I am stuck in the house with nothing to do so I come here to occupy myself and enjoy this great site, Then the wife and son comes home and then here we go, Set back after supper and have a couple.
Yes I think this would do me a world of good.:heart:
So you are saying cold turkey April 1st is going to be a FABO family wide quite for good on April fool's day. I am in.

LET'S DO IT!!!

Good idea! I am 54 and have been a part time smoker since 73'. I never really
smoked more than a pack a day and now a pack will last me allmost a week
but it's gettin to me. I am quite short of breath when I climb stairs in my house. Every time I go to Wally World I allways stop by the blood pressure machine and mine keeps creeping up to borderline numbers. I feel like
poop after a few cigs every day. In the last few weeks I've had a couple of customers my age hauled off to the hospital with 90% blockage. I'd like to last long enough to see my kids grow to adults and be able to retire and finish my car. At the rate I'm going, I won't see next week! LOL I drove through your town last week when we were on vacation in Orlando. I didn't
have a smoke all week and didn't miss it a bit. It's time to quit and I know I can. How about you guys???? toolmanmike

I'm 53 and have been smoking 33 years. I quit cold turkey Nov1-08. It lasted till a bad bay Nov 29 -08. But during that short quit I felt GREAT! I shot a doe and figured I'll start dragging it out to the road till I give out and wait for my buddy to come pick me up and help me finish dragging it out to the dirt road. I started dragging and dragging and dragging, hell next thing I know, I'm at the dirt road, not winded and thinking, what a difference since quiting smoking! I say we make it bed time March 31 st as our last cigarette!!!!
check in here everyday for support from each other. AND pick a Christmas gift for ourselves when we stay quit, for like at least 500.00 as a reward.!hat do you think? I'm going out side to have a cigarette, DAMN

I just quit but I am in too. If yall need support just ask. I am here.

Tax on butts just jumped here...I'm in.:cheers:

I'm 53 and have been smoking 33 years. I quit cold turkey Nov1-08. It lasted till a bad bay Nov 29 -08. But during that short quit I felt GREAT! I shot a doe and figured I'll start dragging it out to the road till I give out and wait for my buddy to come pick me up and help me finish dragging it out to the dirt road. I started dragging and dragging and dragging, hell next thing I know, I'm at the dirt road, not winded and thinking, what a difference since quiting smoking! I say we make it bed time March 31 st as our last cigarette!!!!
check in here everyday for support from each other. AND pick a Christmas gift for ourselves when we stay quit, for like at least 500.00 as a reward.!hat do you think? I'm going out side to have a cigarette, DAMN
I will be 51 in a couple mouths and I have been smoking 35 years, I quite for 11 months back in 82 and went to visit two of my brothers in Ill. Bars on every corner and bought a pack for some bar hopping with my two brothers and started back, I am ready and did quit for a week and was doing good till a ice storm hit us here in Arkansas and lost power to our homes for 7 days and slowly started back. I am in and duckbuster and Badawg are doing great with there quiting cold turkey, Everyone is gone here at home know "gone to work" last night I had three smokes and by the looks of things my wife and son have dirty ash trays by there computer and on the coffee table.
I found out that smokes don't taste good at all, especially in the morning and my will power is stronger then, then it is at night. It is 40F outside this morning and I have two windows cracked open and looking at sunshine and and birds at the feeder outside my window. Why do we think we have to have a stupid smoke anyway ! I have got to put my best foot forward again and let the wife know this has got to quite, We are smarter than this.
She keeps saying "honey you are doing so good? but she still see's me fire one up about 7 pm and then another and then another Bull **** I am not doing good if I have a smoke every evening after supper or when they fire one up and I bum one from them. We don't smoke around our granddaughter when we baby set. I was a pack to a pack and a half a day a few weeks ago.
Know I am down to 2 to 5 a day and ready to go cold turkey. i just have to put my mind on it and be strong about 6 pm, this could be a smoke free day for me, Ok I am dun. thank you :-D

I figure it takes 7-10 minutes to smoke a butt, so I will instead use that time to lift weights, treadmill, etc., whenever the urge for a butt comes on. I will be able to kill two birds with one stone because more muscle mass burns calories faster, thus eating up stored fat. Win-win.

Why not...I'm 53 and have been smoking since I was 8, my wife quit last June and my son quit last month, guess it's my turn. I do alot of driving and bought a new(er) truck in December, so far I've put 4000 miles on it and haven't smoked in it, I don't smoke in my garage anymore...got tired of having to sweep the floor just to pick up butts.. so I do have a little will power. Maybe the power in numbers will help.

Dave

You have allot going for you know that your wife and son has quit GTGrinly.
I know what you mean about looking on the ground and seeing a butt.

Lets show the folks around us that we have the smarts and strength to just say No!! I don't smoke. No I don't smoke.
Hot showers and Honey is a quick way to clean your system of nicotine, and staying busy, I found out I like the tooth pick thing a member here advised me on, I just reach over to my computer screen and pick one up and put it in my mouth and it seems to make me feel better about my decision to quite this nasty habit.
I just got dun cleaning out my wife and sons ash try and if that won't make you sick of smoking nothing will, it smell even worse when you get them wet and start cleaning them. Fruit seems to help allot and a good brisk walk in the woods in stealth mode when the weather permits.
Jump on in with us and lets do it together.

I think its time that we man up for the sake of our health and self accomplishment always seems to make us feel good about our self:-D

Same story here as most of you guys. IVe put them down many times in the past and actually quit once for almost 7 years and then went back when going through a divorce and it was right back to almost 2 packs a day. I am determined to finally put them down for good and at almost 2 weeks it does get easier but there are for sure times where I swear the cravings are worse than in the begining. I think us all supporting one another has been a big help for me so this challenge is an excellent idea!!

I,m in,last time I quit I made it 9 months and put on 30lbs.I,m ready to quit again.So you can count me in for April 1st!

I'M IN I'M IN I'M IN I'M IN I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE SMOKING!!!!!!! I WANT TO QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T DO IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I think that is a great idea. I've tried quitting a hundred times myself. It never works though. Do you guy's plan on doing this COLD TURKEY????????

We are the strength of our selves :rock: Its the mind and withdraw that can steer and make your mund up for you if you have got to have one
our the thought to crave one. I had a retired old fart friend drop by today
and he asked if I have been smoking and if I had a cigarette :-D
He is use to seeing me smoke and he was out so I opened a pack of my wife's smokes and he hade one while we played A hand of dominos
. Smoked 2/3 of it and out it went8) He said I am being smart and he would bet that I would not quite a few weeks ago but he thinks I can and will.

I had him trapped with the 6'es He enjoys getting out of his retirement Villa and seeing tree's and mother nature compared to living in the city for a while. We are not monkeys :cheers: let throw these thing to the ground and enjoy a cleaner body and heath, Hell I think it looks a bit alarming when I see some one smoking and think to my self "Don't they see what they are doing with there self and money #-o

DOMINOS 001.jpg

OK here is a list of members who vow to quit April 1 2009. Come on jump on the quiting train, I know they're more members who want to QUIT!
1) SGBARRACUDA
2) MEMIKE
3) TOOLMANMIKE
4) doug 371
5) duckbuster (who has a head start on us)
6) FISHBREATH
7) GT Grinly
8) Baddawg
9) pettybluedart
10) pauly V.100
11)65 barracudadude
12)George R
13)
14)
15)

I'll give it a shot. Add my name to the list. I have been TRYING to at least cut down. I went from 2 packs a day to 1. Hopefully I can take the final step.

George

I'm not jumping on the challenge, put I did put on the patch today.

Reminds me of the Priest with the nicotine patch on his member. He said it was working. he was down to two butts a day.

Whats wrong, scared of commitment? Lets do it.

Whats wrong.......ugh!

Finding the courage and guts to do it again with a wife that won't quite.

Thinkng about kicking her out of the house, but then that would be ridding myself of a habbit I hate and a habbit I love to indulge in. I don't love the cigs.

(No wise *** coments thank you very much, the wifes staying.......for now....)

-
Back