How About A Quit Smoking Challange

-
A little psyhcology that helped me through the rough moments - Most people try to get through the NicFits by saying to themselves "I don't want a cigarrette..I don't want a cigarrette." Meanwhile, the body and susbconscious mind are screaming YES I DO, THIS SUCKS. This conflict only intensifies the suffering.

Try this little trick...say to yourself "Man, I really want a cigarrette right now, but I have chosen to not smoke anymore and I will not accept failure" This does a couple things. It's keep your conscious and subconscious minds in sync (always a good thing), you are no longer dealing with the fact that you know you are lying to yourself. It keeps the power and control of the situation in your hands..not the nicotine's and it reassurres you that you are somebody determined to win. All positives. I know it may sound a little hibbity gibbity, buy if you give it a real try I guarantee you'll notice a difference in your body's response.

Good Luck again!!!

'Nother quarter in the "jar", good going folks. Hey Mike save me a rib.
Sorry I have three mouths to feed here :-D they are all gone.

Moparmarcus has a good point=D>, I will not except defeat, I am the controller of my body and what I say goes. And he is right, my body thinks it has got to have it! But I know better. Thank you Moparmarcus.

Rumors are going around that there are OTHER:clock: members joining us and are going to test there self. We have some strong minds here, and we all can get grumpy and say give me a smoke, But it will be behind you with in two week if you really want to quite. Life will make you say the hell with this **** I am going to have one, It is hell after 35 years of doing this thing they call cool and smoking. But we have got to want to and then the rest will take care of it's self.

Patches may help get you past that hard part. D,G.

Alright guy's It's getting down to our time. I have not forgot about our commitment to quit. I've got 2 left and I'll have to smoke them before midnight. As long as I can get through the morning I think it will be OK. Anyone else?????? Come on, lets here some feedback here. I've been just waiting for this day to come. I hope I dont get to grouchy. I'm going to put $6.00 a day into a jar. Thats what I spent on smoking. I'm going to hopefully fund a rear end for my car. I'm going for an 8 3/4 sure grip or not. Do you guy's think I can do it???? I'm going to give it my best. All I have to do is think about a V8 in my car and the rear end being able to handle it. Come on, get me all pumped up on it.

I suggest you guys that are quitting better have that steak dinner, drink that beer, and have some outrageous sex because there`s only a couple hours left. Good luck to all of you who are giving this a go! :thumbup:

ok, i'm down to 7 smokes left, they'll be gone before bedtime (only 5 pm here now). i just went to store, DIDN'T buy smokes but loaded up on 1 lb. of red licorice and some gum.
i'm all in !!
good luck guys

0331091652a.jpg

Just counting down now. It is 8:00pm here and I have 2 smokes left. That beefy '65 barracuda made me happy memike. Right on. I've seen that on youtube last week. That is a bad *** car.

Hey guys!Good Luck!I,m not backing out,just alot going on in my life right now!Problems with G.F(I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter)Also my 76 year old Father with 1/2 heart is going in for surgery today at 11 a.m.I,m just a little stressed this week and plan on stopping smoking this Sunday night!You guys can do it and I will also!I,ll stay posted.

Well I've been up for about 3 hours now and having a hard time focusing on work. I plan on spending the day working alone and if no one bothers me than no one gets hurt!!! How are the rest of you guys doing? Good luck.

Last butt 03/31/09 11:00 a.m. CT. So far, so good. Now, I have to come up with something to do after sex. I know, I'll just do what I did before I started smoking...more sex!:happy7:

Hey guys!Good Luck!I,m not backing out,just alot going on in my life right now!Problems with G.F(I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter)Also my 76 year old Father with 1/2 heart is going in for surgery today at 11 a.m.I,m just a little stressed this week and plan on stopping smoking this Sunday night!You guys can do it and I will also!I,ll stay posted.
That is a hand full pettybludart, I hope and pray for a good day for your father and all goes well. :sad7:

ok, i'm down to 7 smokes left, they'll be gone before bedtime (only 5 pm here now). i just went to store, DIDN'T buy smokes but loaded up on 1 lb. of red licorice and some gum.
i'm all in !!
good luck guys
I have not seen a fire on a cigarette like that since
I was a young'un:shock: :toothy7: i like the strawberry licorice pauly :thumleft:

pettybludart your father will be in my thoughts and prayers!! Hope that everything goes smooth with his surgery and that he bounces back faster than expected!!!

Ok everyone todays the day to start getting back to a better life!! Best of luck and try and hang in there when it gets tough!!!

Well Mike, I've decided to join your little quit smoking group. I've smoked heavily for the past 47 years and it's time to dump the habit in the dumper. Good luck to all, especially me. :)

Well Mike, I've decided to join your little quit smoking group. I've smoked heavily for the past 47 years and it's time to dump the habit in the dumper. Good luck to all, especially me. :)

\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/:blob6::wav::blob: Right on cheif :happy7: You have got my happy thoughts rolling again :eek:ccasion: I hear that a pack of cigarettes in New York are 10 dolors a pack. I am very happy to hear you are going to give it a try, If I remember you have been cutting down some.
I bet the misses don't let you smoke in her new Jeep does she :sunny:
If you don't mind what do you have to pay for a pack there Sid ?
drink juice or water when you get the erg and I hope you can fight this monkey off your back with one good swat :thumbrig:

Outstanding my Canadian friend :wave:

I will send a friend to keep an eye on you over head and hope you are the strong man I think you are.

aaaaa.jpg

Well I've been up for about 3 hours now and having a hard time focusing on work. I plan on spending the day working alone and if no one bothers me than no one gets hurt!!! How are the rest of you guys doing? Good luck.

That about sums it up...last smoke out at 10:30am 3-31...just over 24 hrs. Saw a friend last night who is also quitting, supposed to go to $6.30 pk tomorrow.
I have to wonder though, especially since I'm in a pissy mood, once the total number of smokers is reduced and the final tally in on how much new tax money wasn't raised...who will the right winger / morale majority / tax and spend administration go after next, bowlers?

Well, so far so good. I'm a little grouchy though. And I feel like I have anxiety. Anyone else???? I also have $6.00 in my car jar now. $6.00 closer to what ever I end up buying for my car.

That about sums it up...last smoke out at 10:30am 3-31...just over 24 hrs. Saw a friend last night who is also quitting, supposed to go to $6.30 pk tomorrow.
I have to wonder though, especially since I'm in a pissy mood, once the total number of smokers is reduced and the final tally in on how much new tax money wasn't raised...who will the right winger / morale majority / tax and spend administration go after next, bowlers?
This is so true it's funny Thanks for a good :toothy10::toothy10:

-
Back