How About A Quit Smoking Challange

-
For those interested I am starting my own club, but mine is for those who want to start smoking! yeeaaaahh!!!! haha kidding.

You guys can do it! Whenever you get the urge do breathing exercises and say a line "I will not die younger then they" or make up your own haha It all takes time....:clock:

The urge to have a cigarette will go away wether you have one or not.
toolmanmike

Just a few facts for us here quiting 8)
Cigarettes are the single-most traded item on the planet, with approximately 1 trillion being sold from country to country each year.
U.S. cigarette manufacturers now make more money selling cigarettes to countries around the globe than they do selling to Americans.
Urea, a chemical compound that is a major component in urine, is used to add “flavor” to cigarettes. :shock::pukel:

I quit long ago, and told Memike I'd be up this spring or summer to celibrate his quitting (I still will Mike). I'll go one further, I'm starting a FABO jar. I'm putting a quarter in it every day that all ya'll stick togeather and give one another support. The $$ will go the some charity or member that needs it BAD, for health reasons when we can get a majority vote on it (from the quitters not me). I hope more jump on the (quitting) wagon (waggin), and if anyone else wants to start a jar in support, you won't hurt my feelings, or iffin you want to send the funds, I'll put them in, or ('cause you may not know me as well) if Memike will take them on behalf of "The jar" that'll be ok too. Let's do good in more than one way. I'm all behind you all Good luck, I'll be watchin' every day and posting encouragement. Kipper. P.S. I'll chip in $5 when I have a cigar.

I wish everyone good luck! I think you will all feel the support of others here too, besides, your body will thank you! :cheers:

DO IT GUYS!!!!!!!

and congrats on the decision.

Here is a pretty cool website to help:

http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/

I quit a hundred times on everything from cigarrest in the late 80s to hypnotherapy. Finally just did it on May 20th 2005. Cold turkey was the best way for me. Sucked for a bout a week and then it was over. You just have to truly not to want to be a smoker anymore.

My "account" on that website has dissappeared because I haven't used in years but they used to have some neat tools to track your progress. Daily money savings, cigarrettes "not smoked" and that sort of stuff. Gives you inspiration when the numbers start to add up. At $3.50pack I have saved almost $5,000 by quitting (my bank account REALLY grew when I quit drinking too ](*,))

I now funnel all that money into my mopars and its a Lot more rewarding.

So from one that made it to the other side I wish you all the best of luck!!!!

Now..... Be a quitter!

PS... Interesting things start to happen to your sense of smell too. Used to be that I couldn't even smell it on my clothes. Now I can smell it at a traffic light with my windows UP if somebody 2 cars over lights up and it makes me gag.

PS... Interesting things start to happen to your sense of smell too. Used to be that I couldn't even smell it on my clothes. Now I can smell it at a traffic light with my windows UP if somebody 2 cars over lights up and it makes me gag.
That is funny, I quit for 11 months till my best friend was in the hospital dieing with Pancreitus, ( I bummed one from a mutual friend) Then bam, I was hooked again. But I noticed the same thing, I could pull up to a red light and smell one from 100 ft. This time I'm done, I know I'm a nicotine addict and I can never have "just one" Again.

Good morning to all the great members here that are on there way to being smoke free here. My son Creed and I worked together on removing a wall in our new little cottage on the hill for my wife to have a bigger closet Sunday.
He seen me with a cigarette in my hand and said that I was smoking more this week end :angry7: It surprised me to hear him say something about it so I gave him a lame excuse about way and he said that he will quite when he see's me quit :cheers: He is 26 years old and has seen me trying to quit for the last two months and he said back before the ice storm he tried quitting along with me but did not say anything about it, My family wants me to enjoy life all I can and don't put any demands on me or complain to me about anything.:happy10:
We got the new wall built and he was on his computer as I was taking out the old **** rock and sweeping the area up and I had a tooth pick in my mouth walking outside with a bag of used material and opened the back door with my right hand and the bag in my left, Long story short I pocked the tooth pick into my lower gum and was spitting blood out at the sink.
Creed could see me and jumped up and ask what happened and I told him I am going to quite the tooth picks too. I have one hell of a scare in my lower mouth this morning, I had my last cigarette yesterday at about 2 pm and there is no way a butt is touching my mouth again.
My nicotine level as got to be cleared out to a very low level by now.
it will be cold Turkey for me from here on out, no more having one if life changes around me or if a friend drops by for a break out of the city.
I have not bought a pack of smokes in weeks and my son the only one that smokes is going to do it with dad :-D No better reason then to show your son that the old man still has a good head on his shoulders and is the coolest dad out there. My oldest son never smoked and is a great father.
Get ready Creed :rock: your Dad is on the wagon for a long ride son.:heart:

Rumble I hear ya. I tried to quit when I was still with my ex (a smoker who has no desire to quit) and it was near impossible so I wish you the best of luck no matter what you have to resort to in order to quit.

Daredevil, that is TFF!!!!

OUCH Mike!! It hurts just thinking about it! Its really nice to hear that Creeds jumping on the wagon as well. I can imagine the extra motivation its going to give you to show him that the "old man" can do it and therefore so can he!!

And Ill share this little story from my weekend. I save coffee cans for parts, nuts and bolts, or whatever. I also used to dump my ashtray in them so my garbage cans didnt smell like a giant ashtray. Well, I was doing some cleaning up and was moving some coffee cans around and came across 1 that was full of butts and ashes. I cant tell you how bad the smell was when I opened it up, but I have to admit that a part of me still wanted to poke around in it and find one that I could light up and get a couple quick hits off of. I did come to my senses before I caved in. I took it outside and sprayed it with water just in case I got week again knowing it was out in the trash.

C'mon guys its been almost three weeks for me. Dont make me be by myself. Yall can do it. If this helps fun time with my wife has improved greatly. That should be enough for any man to quit.

C'mon guys its been almost three weeks for me. Dont make me be by myself. Yall can do it. If this helps fun time with my wife has improved greatly. That should be enough for any man to quit.

Don't know...never seen your wife...

Okay all you quitters, good to hear your on track. I jump started the "jar" with 2 bucks, and have put a quarter in each night after work. Went junk yardin' this weekend and found a 62 4rd Valiant I hadn't seen before. Fairly rotten, maybe good fenders and repairable grille, but good window cranks. I put an extra buck in for the reward. Come on all you other supporters, "Where's the beef?" Start your jars and let's get some $ to a good cause supporting these guys.

I really wish you guys the best of luck.

One of the main reasons I quit was mountain biking. At first I was in better shape than the friends I rode with and everything was fine. After about 6 months they got stronger and I was having trouble keeping up because I couldn't breathe. Eventually I quit. As my lungs healed I was able to push a lot harder that I ever could before and started going to mountain bike races and entering them. Before I hurt my back and was forced to stop racing, I actually picked up a sponser and was doing quite well.

I smoked for 19 years. It has been 6 years since I had a smoke and I feel better now at 40 than I ever did at 25.

What is driving you?

Only 1 butt remaining in the pack. Looks like I'll be starting today. Stay with it, fellas.

you guys can do it if the wife and i can ive been with out for 13 days and she 8 days we were heavy smokers so stoping was a major deal i am proud to say it is getting better everyday now at first it seamed worse that will pass good luck to you guys

I am happy to let yall know that I have not had a smoke since Sunday.:cheers:
I did the math and before Sunday I smoked an average of 4 to 7 cigarettes a day for the last few weeks and that was during the evening time.
I quit cold turkey Sunday at 2 pm and it has been surprisingly easy.:happy10:
Creed came home from work last night and I was pulling a rack of baby back ribs off the grill with with mushrooms and cabbage for supper.
I told him I have not had a smoke since the tooth pick episode and he grinned and said how was my mouth doing 8) He did not say anything and I seen him walk outside and was talking on his phone smoking.
Then I seen him walk outside during a moto cross race that was on tv and smoked outside :cheers: Then came back in and just gave me a grin and sat down and continued watching tv. I am loving this:love7: I don't smoke anymore.:rock::rock: Time to right a song

Way to go Mike!!! Its obviously also having an effect on Creed if hes going outside away from you to have a smoke. Keep it up my friend!!!

-
Back