How can I get these nuts off of the throttle so I can slide in the kickdown linkage

-

cpostiglione

Reaction score
I tried using 2 wrenches for torque and even a bolt splitter tool and nothing has worked. I don’t want to bend the metal too much for the throttle. Any suggestions?

IMG_3972.jpeg

Last edited:
You have a jam nut on the end. 2 nuts tightened against each other.

Make sure your wrenches are skinny enough so one wrench is on one net and the other is on the other nut. Too fat a wrench and you are trying to turn both nust at the same time.

Agree with all the comments above, plus I think you need to remove the bolt/nut setup and get a proper Mopar throttle/kickdown pin, like this:

001.jpg

What exactly are you trying to do.

And welcome to the site.

You will get your balls busted from time to time but it is mostly in fun.

see post #7, put two wrenches on the NUTS - the one toward the carb 1 hex to the left of the wrench on the one farthest from the carb so they form a narrow "V". Grab both wrenches at the same time in one hand and squeeze them together

Do you think I could find something like that or similar at an auto store
Not likely as Mike said.

Do yourself a favor and buy the correct parts rather than cobbling something together.

You will be happier in the long run

ya you're gonna want to hold that inner nut (nut #1) with an open end wrench (be sure to keep it off nut #2) and then break #2 loose from #1. You dont need to worry about the bolt til thats off

The part of the throttle cable that connects to the the arm off the carb cannot be held tight, it needs to pivot on the throttle stud (which in your case is a bolt?). You shouldn't be bolting it to the throttle arm on the carb.

The part of the throttle cable that connects to the the arm off the carb cannot be held tight, it needs to pivot on the throttle stud (which in your case is a bolt?). You shouldn't be bolting it to the throttle arm on the carb.
You are right. I just got myself one of these

IMG_3985.jpeg

The "correct piece" shown earlier is one for an automatic, but I haven't seen any kickdown linkage, right?

where did you find that? is there a description or part #?
There's kickdown linkage in the first picture. The curved piece with the slot in it. Super Six.

I don't see any "ignition" in either picture you posted. WHY would you get that ^^^ when you were shown a picture of the correct piece to get AND a link where to purchase it?
Apologies that was the wrong photo, for clarification it was this one. I really don’t appreciate your attitude however lol

IMG_3986.jpeg

-
Back