How can I get these nuts off of the throttle so I can slide in the kickdown linkage

-
The kickdown linkage needs to be attached and adjusted. The new part you ordered looks like an accident waiting to happen. Get the genuine part. Don't be stubborn.

Grow a thick skin and ask the stupid questions, the members here will be of great help to you and help steer you the right way. This isn't a place for snowflakes.

I wonder if that loose cable will let you go to wide open throttle. I can see that your carb is not a super6 unit. Not a problem. Looks like you bought a car that the last guy didn't know WTF they were doing. You'll have lots of fun correcting their crap.

I've been working on cars since I was 14. I'm 65. Still learning. Welcome to the site.

Why do I think the last guy installed a dangerous glass fuel filter too?

Lot of good suggestions hear. If you really want the nuts off I would slightly cut into the outer nut with a die grinder at an 45 degree then use nut breaker.

Lot of good suggestions hear. If you really want the nuts off I would slightly cut into the outer nut with a die grinder at an 45 degree then use nut breaker.
Nut breaker..??...
Screenshot_20230520_073925_Google~2.jpg

Apologies that was the wrong photo, for clarification it was this one. I really don’t appreciate your attitude however lol

View attachment 1716092059
There is a bit of sarcasm from certain folks here, you will learn the players quickly. How you will deal with them is up to you. Its like a car show, if you run into a person that rubs you the wrong way, just walk away or put on ignore. Welcome aboard, lots of knowledge and personalities here.

There is a bit of sarcasm from certain folks here, you will learn the players quickly. How you will deal with them is up to you. Its like a car show, if you run into a person that rubs you the wrong way, just walk away or put on ignore. Welcome aboard, lots of knowledge and personalities here.

Very similar to hanging out in your or a buddy's garage giving each other ****. I sure hope the OP will stick with us while he gets help along with the sarcasm.

The magic question I ask at cruise-ins and car shows when some jerk comes up pointing out something "wrong" with my car is "where is your car parked, I'd like to have a look at what you drove". They usually walk away at that point :D

I hit the agree button , they aren't even rounded off , wheaties neeed !!!! lol
What I don't think any body has mentioned, when trying to break loose make sure you are going the right way, or you are making tighter

It looks like the op haden't seen the double nut thing before and when it wouldn't come loose the question came out. Now, on the flip side, us crusty old guys that have been wrenching on stuff for a half century can't believe someone couldn't get those 2 nuts loose. For whatever reason. No disrespect. We just forgot how much we didn't know when we started. Even the most knowledgeable here learn new things often.

It looks like the op haden't seen the double nut thing before and when it wouldn't come loose the question came out. Now, on the flip side, us crusty old guys that have been wrenching on stuff for a half century can't believe someone couldn't get those 2 nuts loose. For whatever reason. No disrespect. We just forgot how much we didn't know when we started. Even the most knowledgeable here learn new things

At 69 I still learn new things.

It looks like the op haden't seen the double nut thing before and when it wouldn't come loose the question came out. Now, on the flip side, us crusty old guys that have been wrenching on stuff for a half century can't believe someone couldn't get those 2 nuts loose. For whatever reason. No disrespect. We just forgot how much we didn't know when we started. Even the most knowledgeable here learn new things often.
Forgot how much we didn't know? Speak fer yerself. I still don't know chit.

Forgot how much we didn't know? Speak fer yerself. I still don't know chit.
LMAO. I wasn't born with a wrench in my hand but I learned a lot along the way. I probably scratched my head when I saw the double nut thing for the first time as well.

-
Back