How can i make 700 horse from a 410 stroker

-
The first thing you should absolutely plan on is an aftermarket block and a set of heads that make use of offset rocker arms. Once you get these items your goal will be a lot easier.

I can sell you a balanced Molnar rotating assembly, but you need a solid foundation (block) and the correct heads, or your wasting money from the start if you truly want a reliable

700 HP that will last.

Tom

No offence, you should be shopping for a builder the specializes in big hp stroker mopar small blocks, ain't an engine you should build on a whim.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1683441776557.png

The first thing you should absolutely plan on is an aftermarket block and a set of heads that make use of offset rocker arms. Once you get these items your goal will be a lot easier.

I can sell you a balanced Molnar rotating assembly, but you need a solid foundation (block) and the correct heads, or your wasting money from the start if you truly want a reliable

700 HP that will last.

Tom
I have a good foundation lol and to the other guy that said it won't last long I strongly disagree. I have a 450 horse engine now I've been running for 13 years....Cast crank to boot. I also have available to me large port commando heads with w2 offset rockers(pushrod holes are moved over on these heads) and a .640 mopar roller cam

20230503_155023.jpg

20230504_155006.jpg

20230504_162409.jpg

20230504_161647.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, what's it's going in? Do you have any of the parts (drive line, suspension) to support 700 HP?
Yes have plenty to support it, tube chassis, giant axles, 4 linked, stout 727 with coan and reverse manual, aftermarket quick-change transfer case, and driveshafts are all 1410 stuff.

FB_IMG_1665633584627.jpg

What is the RPM range? Might be tough to hit your target under 7K.

But even with a really stout combo, a small block seems like a hard way to go about this. You need torque with all that large, heavy stuff to turn. A big block would be a more logical move here.

But even with a really stout combo, a small block seems like a hard way to go about this. You need torque with all that large, heavy stuff to turn. A big block would be a more logical move here.
The truck was built around a small block, custom frame, front and mid plates, and not to mention the engine is moved back 16 inches which would present some big challenges in squeezing a bb in there much less a set of pipes.

I love it when people are like, "you need torque of a big block"

HP is just a calculation. You gotta make a bunch of torque to get to 700 HP, big block or small block.

A Big block will make more low end torque by virtue of displacement but for mud racing your gonna be revving.

I think that guys should either make a recommendation for 700hp or just admit they don't know.

I love it when people are like, "you need torque of a big block"

HP is just a calculation. You gotta make a bunch of torque to get to 700 HP, big block or small block.

A Big block will make more low end torque by virtue of displacement but for mud racing your gonna be revving.

I think that guys should either make a recommendation for 700hp or just admit they don't know.
Everybody on here seems scared of big small block and that's why no one will remember thier name. This truck has been working very well with a small block for many years, and ma mopar didn't make race blocks for 500 horse.

Yes have plenty to support it, tube chassis, giant axles, 4 linked, stout 727 with coan and reverse manual, aftermarket quick-change transfer case, and driveshafts are all 1410 stuff.

View attachment 1716087011
Yes, you do! LOL

My Indy headed 434 made 700 on the dyno, but has shown 650 or so at the drag strip. It's a pump gas street/strip deal so I'm sure there is more power there with a couple points of compression and race gas or alcohol.

It's only 11.2-1, just over .700" lift solid roller, 4.09" bore 4.125" stroke. There are a handful of guys who build high HP small blocks, pick their brains. Keep us updated on what you choose to build and its progress.

If you're interested in a complete engine, I may consider selling mine.

He probably needs to make over 1.42 lbs-ft per cid to make 700 hp under 7000 rpm, 1.25 lbs-ft per cid would be 8000 rpm.

Hp x 5252 / tq = rpm, Displacement x lbs-ft per cid x .9 = torque at peak hp.

Torque generally around 90% of peak torque at peak hp why the .9

So 512-582 lbs-ft puts 700 hp between 7000-8000 rpm.

Last edited:
You need better cylinder heads. RPM is your friend IF you fix the oiling system and you have a good oil pan. T&D or Jesel rockers.

-
Back