How can I tell? 1965 Dart 270

-

jorez

Reaction score
I was looking at the Fact Book thread, looked up my car, 1965 Dart 2 door sedan..and it showed there was a TRAILER option..came with a 3.23 rear, HD front/rear suspension...blah blah blah..anyhow, my car has a trailer accessory light connector on the rear...is there anything i can look into to find out if it came with the trailer package? Like the fender or door tag?

Thanks!

Interesting and first I heard of this. I assume the HD suspension meant a thicker torsion bar in front, sway bar, and some extra leafs in the rear springs. I know the torsion bars varied between slant six, slant w/ AC, 2 barrel SB, 4 barrel SB, and such.

You can find a fender tag decoder with some searching. I found one on a Valiant site (recall) that included 1965. Don't recall anything about towing or trailer, but wasn't looking for that.

I doubt you are going to find anything unless you have a broadcast sheet.

In 1965 there wasn't a standard for marking these things between the factories and I suspect that a trailer option was a dealer add on.

Good luck though

Trailer towing package was a factory option in 65. Was listed as sales code option 625. Available on auto vehicles only. Like trapster said would be on your broadcast sheet which is usually attached behind rear seat in springs or sometimes attached on top of glove box insert. Hope that helps.

Oldschoolcuda

Thanks..I will look for the sheet...I know its not behind/Under the rear seat...Had that out a few times.

You can also check above the glove box or under the drivers seat. I just found the one for my 65 Dart wagon there!

As BillGrissom said I have never heard pf a trailer package. I know trailer towing package was an option.

In 1965 in Sweden there were sold new Dodge Darts, Plymouth Barracudas and Plymouth Valiants with thailer hitch and electric brakes from Kelsey Hayes. I have the under dash unit for show only now!

-
Back