how did you get your mopar?

-
I was living in Westport Massachusetts in 2000 and there was a used car lot about 3 miles down the road from my home. My wife drove by there and there was a mint black 383 Duster on the lot. We went and looked at the car and the guy wanted $12,000. That ended that,we did not have the cash at the time. I had a 76' Honda 750 Supersport motorcycle and was riding that every day to work. After almost rear ending a car on the highway (***** laid on her brakes for no reason) my wife said the bike has to go. I told her if I had to get rid of the bike then I wanted a old Mopar. So the hunt was on. I found a 67 Coronet convertible sitting in this guys yard. never saw it move- no plates on it. I tried to purchase this car and as usual "Not for sale" so I kept looking. Then I was driving through Freetown Mass one day and upon turning down a side road I spotted a 73 Duster sitting in the yard of a house. I left a note on it and did not receive a call back. I kept driving by the house and then noticed a large boat with twin outboards in the yard and a guy was outside working on the boat. I stopped and asked him about the Duster and he said it was for sale for $2,000. he then went on to tell me that he bought this car from an estate sale and the car belonged to a 77 yr old woman who had recently died and the car had only 44,000 miles. After leaving him a deposit, I was back the next day and drove the car home. I have owned this car since and am attempting to replace every part on it with new parts.

Attachments

• Duster.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 79
Found my duster on a road trip one day, Already had to many cars, told dads best friend and he bought it. We all worked on it after hours. He was hard up for money so i bought/loaned him a 1000 on the car until he could come back with money. I finished the car and planned on giving it back but he passed away. I will die with it now.

duster5.jpg
[/IMG]

and my 200 dollar clunker, you guys have saw enough of lol
cuda7.jpg
[/IMG]

-
Back