How do i make my mopar a daily driver??

-
That will not support it's design function.
and so your engine will tend to gunk up, and the oilpan will accumulate water, which is the natural byproduct of the combustion process. The water will settle at the bottom over time and be the first thing your oilpump sucks up.
Not having a working PCV on a carb calibrated for it will mess up both the idle circuit and the low-speed circuit.
In my opinion defeating the PCV system on a DD is a foolish thing to do. Given time, your engine will destroy itself. In Norway, probably sooner than in a warmer drier climate.
A properly functioning PCV system is your engine's best friend.

Maybe we need to clarify, @Hansen do you mean you removed the PCV from the vacuum fitting on the carburetor that goes to the PCV valve, or did you change the hose going to the breather on the other side of the engine?

Maybe we need to clarify, @Hansen do you mean you removed the PCV from the vacuum fitting on the carburetor that goes to the PCV valve, or did you change the hose going to the breather on the other side of the engine?
Driver side of engine i have a regular twist on chrome breather, passenger side i have the PCV valve going in to the vaccum fitting on the carb. As i had a breather on the other side i thought it would draw false air/vaccum making the engine go lean. So i routed the PCV valve into the air cleaner fitting instead and plugged the PCV fitting on the carb.. How do i know if the PCV is calibrated to the carb?

Simple answer?
Drive it everyday. :D

source: Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV)
After reading up a little on PCV's i will first fix the crank shaft seal because of a small oil leak there. its probably flowing more then it should so i will try to get everything sealed before setting the PCV back into the carb fitting. seems pretty important after reading on it. Thanks for the heads up guys.

After reading up a little on PCV's i will first fix the crank shaft seal because of a small oil leak there. its probably flowing more then it should so i will try to get everything sealed before setting the PCV back into the carb fitting. seems pretty important after reading on it. Thanks for the heads up guys.
The right PCV system may just help fix some of those oil leaks!

It can be tough to get the PCV flow right if your engine isn't stock. There is a company "ME-Wagner" that sells a really nice adjustable PCV valve but it's not cheap (still hoping to get one for my car at some point). However it is still very important and yes, you should try to figure out how to get the engine running properly with the valve hooked up to the vacuum fitting on the carb. Also make sure whatever breather you are using flows freely (I just blow through it with my mouth lol), many of the cheaper aftermarket ones just have a bunch of foam stuffed in there like a Chinese toy and don't allow the crankcase vapors to flow freely especially under heavy throttle where there isn't enough vacuum to pull the vapors through the PCV valve so the crankcase pressure pushes the vapors the opposite direction through the breather instead.

If you ever notice oil leaks and a "pushed-out" PCV valve or breather right after running the engine hard that's a sign the crankcase is building up pressure that can't get out quickly enough, which is the job of the crankcase breather.

-
Back