how do i remove trim and front windshield?

-

eviper21

Reaction score
im doing paint and body and want to know how to remove all the chrome trim around my windows and doors, and also wanted to remove my front windshield. Does anybody have a write up or advise on this? first time ive tackled something like this and i dont want to mess anything up....too bad anyways haha

Windshield; Search results will contain several threads about this chore with links to trim tools needed, etc..
A used windshield will be disappointing in a fresh painted body.

Other trim; Different bodies have different trim with different clips.
Good luck with whatever it is.

its a 73 plymouth duster, forgot to say. Some was just screwed down...came right off. but the trim around the windshield and the rain gutter thing i have no clue how to even begin lol

Hi. Looking for the same information. I have the correct tool for removing this trim, but I can't seem to roll,twist or pull up correctly to remove the trim without damaging it some. Would anyone know of a video or step by step pictures on how to use this tool properly? Thanks.

first of you guys need to look at what the trim clips look like-- go to a repop company & type in windshield trim clips..

that clip is screwed into the channel-- the clip part attaches to the back side of the stainless trim-- hence snap in place.

the problem-- is over the years grime, extra sealant & such builds up & causes these to hold very securely.

start by sliding a strong flat tool between the channel & your trim-- work the edges all around said trim---
then with the hook tool-- slide it until it finds a clip-- the idea is to hook the clip & un-snap the trim from the clip--- some snap right off --some are a pain.

when you get the first one you'll have more clearance for the rest-- take your time & it will come off---

Lawrence

Thanks. I'll have to get brave and try it. Just afraid I'll bend the trim. Don't know where I'd ever get another piece around here if I destroy. Very scarce here. Thanks again.

-
Back