how do i talk the mother inlaw into leting my fiance buy this? lol

-

mwls73duster360

Bad as Buddy Holly
Reaction score
found this on craigslist my fiance really wants. we are thinking of taking out a small loan to buy it. the problem is her mom just helped pay to get the jeep fixed. the jeep is still technically her moms but we are the only ones who drive it. so i can for see her getting mad because we dont need a third car and the jeep just got fixed and where will you park it blaw blaw blaw.... lol what are all the good argument points i can use to help her get this car? lol

Attachments

• 3K43Jb3H95L95N85Z2cbr85bfe4497c071df0.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 427
  • 3Mb3l33H45N45L75J4cbr83850b2f452f1ce6.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 425
Sweet little car but those Pinto wheel covers have to go :glasses7:

yea it was a one owner car went and looked at it today needs carb rebuilt and a radiator which i have. original stereo works! original paint! only rust i found was a patched spot in spare tire area. they dont have keys for the trunk so who knows whats in there?! interior is awesome condition no rips or tares

original owner was a girls grand dad he died it sat in his garage for ever she finally sold it to this place because she wanted it gone.

this car is as inexpensive and reliable as any car ever and the cost to operate is almost nonexistent. try that as a sales pitch

I'll tell you what she is going to say. " A loan? to buy a car? why didn't you take out a loan to pay for the Jeep to get fixed?" And I think she would have a good point. If you can't afford to pay cash for a toy, you should pass on it.

she would have a point lol i figured that was coming already also its more of my fiance wants a car that is actually hers. probably wont win the discution but hey worth a shot. i could pay cash out for this car when i get my next check on 2 jan but im sure it will be gone.

How's this. Tell her you're gonna buy it for another member on FABO and he'll be out next month to drive it home. Where do you want me to send the money?

How's this. Tell her you're gonna buy it for another member on FABO and he'll be out next month to drive it home. Where do you want me to send the money?

i would actually do that for you but i would have to figure out a way to get it home lol its in portland and im in ridgefield. i dont have a car trailer to tow it. if we bought i was thinking of using our one tow on our AAA but idk. ill tell you who has it. its the south portland pick and pull of 205 on foster rd

well technically my fiance still payed for the jeep parts because the money came out of a savings she has been having her mom put some out of every check she got the last few years and we are not going to withdrawal from it until we graduate.

my thoughts exactly

And IF you do get the car, don't be the one to argue with your (future) mother in law. That's your wifes place. Don't let youself get in the middle of a disagreement there.
I speak from (bad) experiance on that one.
It sounds like you got a great girl and good mother in law.

ya i know this thread was more for fun. i explained to her we can find another later surprisingly there seem to be alot more 60s mopars around here then 70s. well and at some point she wants a 70s satellite or roadrunner lol

Convince Mom to sell the Jeep. Tell her it's a pig on fuel and you need something more efficient. ;)

Buy it, then don't tell the mother in law. Or say it was like 500 bucks.

Looks sweet. Dont sweat it if you cant make it work, eventually there will be another opportunity. I almost got a pair of darts for $500. I couldnt make it happen since I couldnt afford to have them both towed home.

Basically you can't buy it, so offer them $700 just for fun, if they say yes what the hell you couldn't pass on the deal :eek:ops:

-
Back