GT emblem, lower front fender?

HT door and rear glass lower felts?

Pretty much have all the rest' the chrome off

My 67 GT

Pentastar emblem, lower front fender

GT emblem, lower front fender?

HT door and rear glass lower felts?

Pretty much have all the rest' the chrome off

your not gonna get the pentestar off in one piece. it has a little tit that goes thru a hole. i just knocked mine off with a putty knife. they are repoped and are cheep.

gt emblems have nuts on the inside of fender.

the door felts click into holes in the window channel. they slide upward and inward toward the center of the car. your prob gonna beat em up getting them out but they are also repoped.

bfh? plasma cutter? if all else fails a small nuclear device would work.....

Thanks ............. My neighbor says I can take a putty knife and small hammer and shear the studs on the GT emblem and then "double sticky" if we put it back on.

if you have room -- use a small wire brush to scrape the debris/grime off the gt studs-- take your time-- spray them with some lube & you might get lucky not breaking the pot metal studs. act like your tapping threads -- loosen a few threads -- wire brush/ spray-- tighten back up-- loosen a few more --repeat.

on your cat whiskers the front & back(maybe just back) has a small screw-- the rest are just clipped in place--- I've never had good luck trying to save these -- so just plan on destroying them-- remove screw & pry away-- they come off fairly e-z.

do not know about the emblem-- but if you could get to the back & put a flat blade & smack that it might come out.
If all else fails use inkjunkie's last suggestion
Lawrence

The thing is you cannot GET to those nuts with both the door and the fender installed.. But problem solved..........so far as the emblems. Did as my neighbor was thinking.....just sheared the studs off

Now I need to get at the window felts.....................

reference look through the glass you can see the slots where the clips attach

Attachments

• summer2011 006 (Large).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 149
The thing is you cannot GET to those nuts with both the door and the fender installed.. But problem solved..........so far as the emblems. Did as my neighbor was thinking.....just sheared the studs off

Now I need to get at the window felts.....................

OH MAN. that sucks. you could have just taken the inner fender splash guards out and got to the studs. or even took the bottom two bolts off the fender and pulled it out a bit to get your hands up there.

The thing is you cannot GET to those nuts with both the door and the fender installed.

Yes you can...unless you have gigantic hands. I did both of them before my paint job, and just did it again yesterday to get a fender scratch fixed. Used a 1/4" drive ratchet with a 7/16" socket...no bolts to undo. My little Pentastar emblem came off using a small plastic spatula-type utensil that didn't scratch the paint.

I pulled the window felts off my 67 Cuda by levering them in with a putty knife and then used needle nose vise grips to pull them off, they just clip on, no screws involved. Of course this trashes them, not sure how you'd get them off intact, mine needed replacing anyway. I got a complete set for the whole car from a place in Penn. called Restoration Specialties for $130.

'S OK. All done. Got all the felts out. Only external trim to remove now is both bumpers. Only reason I have not removed those and started to pull the engine/ trans is that I received a spare (used) Holley ECU which I need to test. Unfortunately I "wasn't thinkin." It might be an earlier firmware version, and I need to figure out how to figure that out.

-
Back