how do you make 550+hp hook on the street ??

-
See, that is absolutely not true. You may have a legit 1500 horsepower, and you may be hooking, no questioning you there...BUT, you ain't hooking 1500 horsepower.
Your traction control is dialing it back to what the surface will hold. Your theoretical 1500 horsepower is 400 to the wheels when all that science fiction kicks in.
Yes, you can dead hook and create a violent enough reaction to make a moon shot out of the hole, but 60 foot out, you are subject to the same laws of friction as anyone else.
If the street will hold 400 horse with your tire and weight, that is all your traction control is going to allow.
you can NOT take out a 1000hp that makes .ore than 400 before the forced induction. no timing will allow such a feet. your lack of knowledge covered it disgruntled feelings towards those who can is quite clear. friction vs adhession falls from your ability to comprehend leverage of a chassis to work. that tells me you are clueless of what you are trying to sound insightful on. please stop and go back to your mopar catalog and forget about todays abilitys to make this type of power to be applied to an unpreped surface.

after all drag racing has no prep and unprepped racing to prove you wrong every weekend of the rscing season.
nothing pisses me off more than a fool who believes what he has read and it is nothing hes ever done.

you can NOT take out a 1000hp that makes .ore than 400 before the forced induction. no timing will allow such a feet. your lack of knowledge covered it disgruntled feelings towards those who can is quite clear. friction vs adhession falls from your ability to comprehend leverage of a chassis to work. that tells me you are clueless of what you are trying to sound insightful on. please stop and go back to your mopar catalog and forget about todays abilitys to make this type of power to be applied to an unpreped surface.

after all drag racing has no prep and unprepped racing to prove you wrong every weekend of the rscing season.
nothing pisses me off more than a fool who believes what he has read and it is nothing hes ever done.
Sorry man, this fool has more experience with more types of race cars than you could probably comprehend.
Aside from thousands of passes on the street, I spent a decade sending Funny Cars, Top Fuelers and Fuel Altereds down all sorts of no prep and barely prepped surfaces.
The numbers I used were off, and no, I have never employed any of the current traction control technology...but, I UNDERSTAND drag racing and how it all works.
I didn't read about it...I actually wrote a lot of it.

New school is schooled by oldschool, even in this new age. LMAO

Sorry man, this fool has more experience with more types of race cars than you could probably comprehend.
Aside from thousands of passes on the street, I spent a decade sending Funny Cars, Top Fuelers and Fuel Altereds down all sorts of no prep and barely prepped surfaces.
The numbers I used were off, and no, I have never employed any of the current traction control technology...but, I UNDERSTAND drag racing and how it all works.
I didn't read about it...I actually wrote a lot of it.
you wrote about it eh? from your junkyard or as a journalist? which books might you reference me with your all time wisdom included in them? i do not see anything by which you have typed out. that leads me to believe anything that you say. i even checked your posts for tech references of your knowledge. the issues i ran into there is 3yrs of nothing but stuff forsale. lots and lots and lots of parts and trinckets forsale. yet no tech worth posts found by your post records.
perhaps you may have grown up watching up close. but what i see is anything but one with knowledge on traction control going faster than a biasply adheading a barely warmed over n/a engine could take them. i want schooled and id love to learn. yet i rarely and i do mean extremely rare do i run across another with the experience you are claiming to have.

you wrote about it eh? from your junkyard or as a journalist? which books might you reference me with your all time wisdom included in them? i do not see anything by which you have typed out. that leads me to believe anything that you say. i even checked your posts for tech references of your knowledge. the issues i ran into there is 3yrs of nothing but stuff forsale. lots and lots and lots of parts and trinckets forsale. yet no tech worth posts found by your post records.
perhaps you may have grown up watching up close. but what i see is anything but one with knowledge on traction control going faster than a biasply adheading a barely warmed over n/a engine could take them. i want schooled and id love to learn. yet i rarely and i do mean extremely rare do i run across another with the experience you are claiming to have.

You're a special and unique kind of stupid.
Try Googling me.

Hmm, so you go by strictly what is posted here to make an assumption of a persons knowledge and background!! Get out in the real world and look back 20 or 30 years, when Tony was running nitro cars, or maybe come into the present when he thrashed together a 6 cylinder Dart in the 12:99 for $1299 challenge, or.....well, maybe you get the picture!! Probably not tho!! I'm sure your knowledge is impressive in some circles, but I would say that Tony's knowledge is impressive in all circles!!

And, as for all of the parts Tony sells, well, while you are busy at your day job, he is busy doing his day job, Mopars!! Helping people get the parts and knowledge they need every day on the line!! How bout you??? Let's see YOUR list of those you've helped for the past 30 years or so!!!

Hmm, so you go by strictly what is posted here to make an assumption of a persons knowledge and background!! Get out in the real world and look back 20 or 30 years, when Tony was running nitro cars, or maybe come into the present when he thrashed together a 6 cylinder Dart in the 12:99 for $1299 challenge, or.....well, maybe you get the picture!! Probably not tho!! I'm sure your knowledge is impressive in some circles, but I would say that Tony's knowledge is impressive in all circles!!

And, as for all of the parts Tony sells, well, while you are busy at your day job, he is busy doing his day job, Mopars!! Helping people get the parts and knowledge they need every day on the line!! How bout you??? Let's see YOUR list of those you've helped for the past 30 years or so!!!
i dont know who tony is. if that is his first name? it is also the first time ive seen it. if he has run nitro cars awesome and he would be extremely knowledgeable. i cant tell that from anything ive seen him post here. so i can only go by what i have seen of his posts i can or have read.

does that make me stupid? no it makes me uneducated about him.

Toolmanmike said play nice......

to make a claim that i am stupid. yet provide no knowledge or even read as if one possesses said knowledge. what do i have to at my disposal to prove said person worthy of my belief they k ow what they are talking about? when i have done it, applied it in the real world and been to schools for it to boot.
i wont give credit to anyone till credit is due. since i cant see said credit or proof here even by the words given to me. which appears to be completely false to this point.
yea i wont nut swing anyone. even if it was austin coil who chose wrong words poorly as proof of his knowledge.

i dont know who tony is. if that is his first name? it is also the first time ive seen it. if he has run nitro cars awesome and he would be extremely knowledgeable. i cant tell that from anything ive seen him post here. so i can only go by what i have seen of his posts i can or have read.

does that make me stupid? no it makes me uneducated about him.

And that's exactly my point bro! Get to know each other, you've both been here a long time! No need to allow things to get personal in a tech thread due to a difference of opinions! Behind every bodies screen name is a person enjoying this hobby, with all of their knowledge and experiences to share!! You!!... Me!!...Them!!!.... Everybody, Everybody!!!....

I ran DOT slicks on an A body with a BB and a shot of nitrous. It was a factory four link car and I used South Side Machine Bars. It was a GM product. A 65 Lemans. True to the thread though...A four link with a traction control and graduated power (Hit button at 3000) made for a pretty good setup. I could hang with bigger power as I got out of the hole quicker.

I ran DOT slicks on an A body with a BB and a shot of nitrous. It was a factory four link car and I used South Side Machine Bars. It was a GM product. A 65 Lemans. True to the thread though...A four link with a traction control and graduated power (Hit button at 3000) made for a pretty good setup. I could hang with bigger power as I got out of the hole quicker.
yeah, I put gas on a cats ***, and he passed a motorcycle ! -- is tony associated w/ tony`s mopar parts ?

yeah, I put gas on a cats ***, and he passed a motorcycle ! -- is tony associated w/ tony`s mopar parts ?
Sorry Bob, I have heard the preacher joke before, but Im not sure why you quoted my response to getting a hot rod to hook up. Jokes on me I guess. Does Tony sell South Side Machine Bars?

I wonder why I'm not getting my notifications? I didn't know this thread took off again...

I've noticed I don't always get notified to threads i belong to.

Sorry Bob, I have heard the preacher joke before, but Im not sure why you quoted my response to getting a hot rod to hook up. Jokes on me I guess. Does Tony sell South Side Machine Bars?
Who knows? I was just being a smart *** ! got csaught up in the -----------

-
Back