how do you mount caliper front?or back?

-

thunderbolt

Reaction score
putting disc brake on a 1972 dodge dart. using parts from a 1975 dodge dart does the caliper mount on the front? or back? . i have caliper mounted on back and cant get brakes to bleed. i think maybe they should be mounted on front. which should put bleeder at top any suggestions the bleeder now is more till middle

yes, the brake were originally mounted on the front. some people mount them on the back to clear sway bars etc.

they mount on the front with the bleeders up/ if sway bar links are in the way on turns just install shorter pins. try the one push bleed / have somone push the brake down with the bleeder open then close the bleeder and let up before u pump them up that will get the air out before u bleed all the way,

Go to Mopar Action tech archives, article- disc-o-tech. Mr. Ehrenberg does a good job of detailing the installation of disc brakes.

So now you know something isn't quite right and you'll need to move the calipers to opposite sides or move spindles and all. Here's an option that will get it back on the road for now if you're in a hurry to do so.
Set the calipers out of their supports and rotate them to get the bleeder at the high point. Open the bleeder and wait. Dont pump anything, just wait. The fluid will gravity bleed the remaining air from the calipers. Close the bleeders, remount the calipers. Happy moparing.

putting disc brake on a 1972 dodge dart. using parts from a 1975 dodge dart does the caliper mount on the front? or back? . i have caliper mounted on back and cant get brakes to bleed. i think maybe they should be mounted on front. which should put bleeder at top any suggestions the bleeder now is more till middle
73 dart disks on 67 cuda

-
Back