how fast do you think

-
here are some more pics. getting engine bay ready for paint.

Picture 050.jpg

Picture 051.jpg

Picture 053.jpg

Motor and compartment looking good, That car is going to move. 28" or taller tires will not fit with out a little modification to the front of the rear fenders go with the 3.91's

Thanks for the compliments guys. Its taking longer to get ready than I thought it would between the money and time. Just hope Im ready for Mason Dixon Mopar Show in May. Thanks again. Brett :thumblef:

WAIT!!!!WAIT!!!!STOP!!!! STOP!!!!.... Looking at the pictures of the engine compartment (prior to paint; which is beautiful by the way) I spotted a big problem...you forgot to put the cam in :evil2: :evil2:

Actually just because I'm going thru it right now, check to be sure your flex brake lines are in good shape. Got the engine back in mine and went to change flex lines....fittings rounded off. Had to cut hard lines...Now trying to route new hard brake lines around engine...not fun. Also, hind site again, if you are thinking about installing a line-lock, it would be a whole lot easier now...Dam hind sight :cwm10: :cwm10:

all that aluminum and coated tti headers in that blue enginebay looks just beutiful;)

All very sweet - except for the fuel regulator mounted on the firewall - it won't pass tech. All fuel lines(and regulator ) need to be routed/mounted at least 6" forward from the firewall(clutch/convertor explosion). If the frront brake line is in stock position, it needs to be extended and raised also. Mine follows the curvature of the firewall seam up by the wiper motor. They may let the brake line pass - I doubt if they will the regulator.

Bye the way - how wide is your rad and what make of fans are you running?
Are they thermostat controlled or switch - or both?

Brett, please don't think I am trying to pick on things- I'm just trying to advise of some of the things I came across as I built mine from the ground up - and I'd rather someone told me know than find out the hard way later.
I do not see a provision in the driver side valve cover for a PCV valve - thanks to mother Mopar. Don't know what the opinions are on the board on not having a PCV - but I got a grommet to fit the valve and then drilled/carbide bored the blank in the valve cover to fit the grommet - just another one of those time consuming operations during the build. :salute:

I say you use the 4.10s get about a 28 inch tall tire and let me buy the 3.91 gears. Hahaha... nice car though... I like the cowl induction hood. I might just get one for my Dart now.

Wow... you live in Martinsburg? I live in Capon Bridge... about 10 minutes from Winchester. PM me when you are going to Mason Dixon... love to see what your car runs in person! By the way I love the color!

Thanks for the compliments guys. My radiator is 22'' wide,running pro form fans on a switch. I got the idea for the regulator on the firewall from some drag cars on ebay. I didnt know you couldnt have it there. The color of the car is ( dont yell ) 68 marina blue. Yes i have started it and it sounds great. Bored and stroked I will definatly pm you when I go. Any other comments or questions please fill free. I need all of the help I can get. Also whats the best dynomax mufflers to use? Thanks again, Brett

Awesome... I do like the cooling fans... pretty wicked set up. Hell I like the whole car haha. My name is Logan by the way and by any chance are you using a 8 3/4? Which gears are you going with because I saw before you have 4.30, 4.10, and 3.91. If an of them are up for sale... hook me up man! Haha... anyways thanks and I hope to see you at Mason Dixon soon!

Took it out of the garage today for the first time. Still need front bumper. Hopefully will get a fiberglass bumper at carlisle saturday. Bored and stroked the 3.91 gears are just the ring and pinion, not the center section. Make me a offer if you are interested in them. Brett

Picture 085.jpg

Picture 086.jpg

Picture 087.jpg

it'll be fast! i have a 73 swinger special with a 30 over 360, it has port 915 heads, erson adjustable valve train, a single plane x-celerator intake 750holly and a 280 comp cam 3000 stall 410 gears....it best was a 11.88@109 with full exuast and street tires...

Hey guys. i'm new to this club...i'm from texas.. my daily driver is a 76 d100 short wide...factory 9 1/4 sg..factory tack..not so factory 440..its got keithblack pistons..cleaned up stock 452s purple shaft cam. performer rpm..770holly full msd ignition..including billit dis. I also still have my very first car...a 73 dart swinger special..with a e58 360....it'll soon have a 4.18 stroker with inddy heads and roller cam.............any want to buy the 440 from my truck? it got 2143 miles since build.. pushes truck to 13.40s-13.50s..comes with stock high stall(2000rpm) tranny also new for mancinni racing

-
Back