How in hell you receive a call from a 4 digit number!!!???

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I have prepaid, so it doesn't have some of the features of a "full contract."
I don't think I can block these things

I keep getting calls (I don't answer) from numbers such as "2020" WTF??

Beats me?!?! It’s happened to me as well.
Also, I’ve gotten calls from “0000000000”

And a long list of random jumbled numbers.

It is Computer based IP phone service. You can make it show any number you want.

I had a call from my number with my name showing in caller ID . Didn't even want to talk to that bastard so I didn't answer. Also had calls that caller ID showed from Brazil, Vietnam, Russia and possibly others that I don't remember. If I don't recognize the number from caller ID I don't answer. If it's important they will leave a message and I will decide whether or not to call them back.
Yote

One of my old bosses would text one of the other guys in the shop, from his computer. Using the guy’s number. Drove him nuts!!
It was hilarious.

Do not phone back or answer. It is indeed a scam. The long distance charges are some ridiculous amount like $100 per minute. No joke.

Picked one up once. Guy with indian accent telling me he's from Microsoft and my computer was in danger and that is was sending 1s and 0s or some such crap. I strung him along for a good 10 minutes asking questions and making funny comments. Finally, exasperated, he said "It's fixed" and hung up. Good entertainment and he had 10 less minutes to scam someone else.
Another guy I blared some Stevie Ray Vaughan into his ear.

-
Back