How is the factory jack mounted?

-
Here a couple pics of how my jack is installed on my '71 Demon.

:thumbup: Thanks for posting those pics John. It's hard for me to tell, but does yours have that extra metal strap that goes across the mount like the 2 pics in post #21 ??

the tire iron goes into the jack before you slide it into the bottom U hole

That's a good idea....I like it!!

:thumbup: Thanks for posting those pics John. It's hard for me to tell, but does yours have that extra metal strap that goes across the mount like the 2 pics in post #21 ??

No mine doesn't have that metal strap like in the pics in post 21. Just that slotted piece for where the lugwrench slides into.
I might look at my '72 Demon and see what that looks like.

Ok I went out to check and get a couple better pictures here 6pkC. On my orange '71 Demon I took my jack out to investigate a little farther and found out my lugwrench sits on top of that metal strap in the slot. My rusty '72 Demon looks the same as the '71.

Hope I didn't confuse you anymore from my last post.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 122
  • photo 2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 120
  • photo 3.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 136
Ok I went out to check and get a couple better pictures here 6pkC. On my orange '71 Demon I took my jack out to investigate a little farther and found out my lugwrench sits on top of that metal strap in the slot. My rusty '72 Demon looks the same as the '71.

Hope I didn't confuse you anymore from my last post.

No worries, I get confused ALL by myself w/o any help....LOL :)

When you get a chance could you measure your tire iron from the center of the bend to each end? I'm going to try and find a correct one for my car.....

No worries, I get confused ALL by myself w/o any help....LOL :)When you get a chance could you measure your tire iron from the center of the bend to each end? I'm going to try and find a correct one for my car.....

My tire iron measure's approx. 16" x 3" 6pkC.

-
Back