How long did it take to complete your car

How long did it take to complete your project

• Total voters
-
How many out there that buy a project, bring it home and are back on craig's list looking for the next project the following day ?? It's a sickness I tell ya.............

Got 67 cuda in 1985.
Each child cost me 5 years. X4. Is 20 YEARS!

69 Dart 2 years. No kids!

10 years and not done yet. It took a month to pull it out of the barn and make it safe to drive. I have been improving it since. I am to the point of taking it apart and painting it.
That's why I bought my Swinger. I don't have all of what it takes to get the 66 done. tmm

Had mine for 8. Never got to drive it yet. Life and kids got in the way. Someday though, someday.

Dunno, Ill let you all know when I'm done! Had the car 21 years, thought I was done about 10 years ago, but something broke, then it all started over.

Finish? Never, it's more like a constant work in progress....

been tinkering for 6 years.
I am now saving for color in the spray gun. (67 dart in primer)
Its been a long six years but i finally got to drive it around the town for a few days this summer and enjoyed it alot. My daughter gets very excited when i can take her for a ride, so i will keep plugging away on it

My GM products, 2-3 years on average. My 67 Cuda (drive train swap,no bodywork..) ,about a year. The current Scamp, the lack of coin is the issue. (10 years,at the moment). They are never,truly,done...

I'm already shopping for my daughter's first project...shes's 19 months and already says she wants a 68 cuda.....(no joke, if you ask her what car she wants, she'll go to her toy box and pick up a 68 cuda hotwheels and bring it to you and say "cuda daddy".....much to my wife's amusement/fear
aren't you glad lambrogini is hard to say!

aren't you glad lambrogini is hard to say!

yeah, but hey. i taught her to say hemi........ then took her to the nats and showed her every hemi. She can't quite tell them apart from any other engine though. as now anytime we walk into the shop and see my wall of engines, none of which are hemis, she points, giggles and says hemi. Its pretty cute.

I think like this. the guy buys a car to make into trailer queen show poodle, gets that accomplished then has to buy another Mopar to drive and enjoy.

then the other guy type buys a project, gets it all apart, and then realizes he has to buy a running driving project he can actually drive!!???? while he works on the other project for years !!??? ha

Still working on it and believe I will for many more years to come..

I've had mine for 3 years, bought some parts for it, some twice. Wife says it's my retirement project every time I need to spend significant money on it. I go to car shows, listen to the old boys (wisdom) and they say "Get all your toys BEFORE you retire". I can't argue with that logic, can't convince the War Department either....

Yep, i got a 69 notchback for my boy. He just turned 3. He is a bonafide car nut. Loves his hot wheels. Always points to the cuda in the shop and says Cuda, and Mopar. It blew my mother inlaws mind when i lined up 4 identical colored hot wheels cars. A camaro, mustang, cuda, and vega. Then i asked my son which one is the camaro, cuda, vega, mustang. He picked up the correct one each time.

Mother in law went no freakin way. I told her the names of the vehicles are printed on the bottom of each car. Then i said, patrick give grandma the camaro. He picks ut up and gives it to her. She was floored.

I am collecting up parts for patricks "Cuda" the 69 notchback

Yep, i got a 69 notchback for my boy. He just turned 3. He is a bonafide car nut. Loves his hot wheels. Always points to the cuda in the shop and says Cuda, and Mopar. It blew my mother inlaws mind when i lined up 4 identical colored hot wheels cars. A camaro, mustang, cuda, and vega. Then i asked my son which one is the camaro, cuda, vega, mustang. He picked up the correct one each time.

Mother in law went no freakin way. I told her the names of the vehicles are printed on the bottom of each car. Then i said, patrick give grandma the camaro. He picks ut up and gives it to her. She was floored.

I am collecting up parts for patricks "Cuda" the 69 notchback

hmm...maybe i should go get on those fish i found a while back...they are total shells and in rough rough shape though

Not done yet, but will be in the 5-10 range. Bought in '08, but didn't do much in first 3 years. It sat behind the shed for a long time. Been slow but somewhat steady progress since then. Its drivable now, just need to put some things back together., tires & alignment... Done metal and doing filler. Also need to put interior together. Realistically could be on the road sometime next year.

Bought my Dart in 1985! Collected all the parts needed since then, now it's time to assemble!

hmm...maybe i should go get on those fish i found a while back...they are total shells and in rough rough shape though

The 69 i got is a shell with bill of sale. Very easy in Tx to title. Figured we would street rod it. I went to buy the doors off of it, and the guy said bring a flatbed. Told me i could have the whole roller for the price of the doors $300. Got the rolling shell with hood minus front end sheetmetal , windshield and interior. I got a floor shift steering column and boxes of parts for it. Its already minitubbed, and has subframe connectors, and spring relocator kit.

Year 3 now, but i took one year off to have a girlfriend and all we did was screw in the garage, so at least i was in the garage. After i broke up with her, i spent this last year solid in the garage and the car will be going to the body shop this fall, so should be driving it this spring 2016.

I'll let you know if I ever finish. I bought it in 1994 and have had it ready for paint and got hit, fixed that got hit again, and now I may freshen up the motor...

It took me 2 1/2 years to go from a pile of junk to on the road and driving and looking good. That was 9 years ago and I'm still doing things to it.

Jack

-
Back