How long have you been an A body fan ?

-

Dart_Doctor

Asa style
Reaction score
I grew up around A bodies a few b/e bodies would come and go ( fast ) but one thing that stayed the same is the drivers was A bodies . If it was an E body it would get sold along with a B bodies Not many of ether came into are lifes lol

Ok, since I was about 10- that would be 46 years ago. Friends of my parents had a Valiant wagon that I feel in love with.

Since 1970 when the new Duster 340 was offered and I was lucky enough to get one.

1973 first one was a 69 swinger W2 heads 4spd 456 gears. also had a 69 4spd corronet R/T at the same time and two GTO's 65 and 66. The swinger was a blast to drive. Street racing was in and the Dart was a sleeper.

since i moved to the USA .....my adoptive family used an 69 cuda fastback 340/4 speed as a family car up untill a few years ago.......they bought it in 1972 and still have it now but its not a family car anymore ...finally retired. but i remember riding in that car as a teen when i first got here, and its the car they taught me how to drive in. i used that cuda when i did the test to get my driver's license in the early 2000s

I'll have to admit that I was a big B-body guy , and still am . My son really got me started on A's . I've had a few over the years , but mostly as trading material for B stuff . I got hooked when I bought my son his 10 years ago . His Swinger was so cool , I sold most of my B's off and now have 3 Darts to his 1 .

I'll have to admit that I was a big B-body guy , and still am . My son really got me started on A's . I've had a few over the years , but mostly as trading material for B stuff . I got hooked when I bought my son his 10 years ago . His Swinger was so cool , I sold most of my B's off and now have 3 Darts to his 1 .
Too tell the truth you have one of my dream cars lol its red with a big wing on the back lol lol Im the black sheep of the famliy lol

Got my first "A" body in 1966 it was a 64 Dart. I loved the 64 Dart but couldn't afford a new one, so I waited until I could afford to by one. It took two years.

Got my first new "A" body in 1970 it was a Blue slant/auto on the floor, Duster.
In 1971 I purchased a New Swinger. Also a slant/auto, with bench seat, and A/C. It was Gold, with a black vinyl roof, and beige vinyl ("Leatherette") interior. Left it completely stock for all the years I owned it. It was simply the most reliable car I ever owned, and pretty comfortable for a family of 3 (at the time).
There have been a number of "A" bodies since then, too.

1964-2013 so, 49 years, and counting. ;)

It was dodge. Monaco first in about 1974'5. and seemed all my eye and pocket
always found the big bodied B bodies for years, about 1980 it was an E body or nothing for about 8 years till a 65 Barracuda entered my life
About 24 years and many Dart and Dusters, my last 3 was early A Valiant's
1970 more door 318 screamer (military car from an air base)a 66 Barracuda a 63 Valiant and know my 66 Valiant , throw about 7 dodge trucks in my life and 2 Ramchargers .
Mopar Mike for sure.

Since about '93. I picked up a totally mint 2-door hardtop (green, of course) '68 Dart 270 for $1500 and made it my daily driver. 150 miles per day! Never missed a beat with the 225/904 but started burning/leaking a bit of oil. Unloaded it for about $2200 and thought that was a great deal. I knew almost nothing about A-bodies back then!

Boy, I wish I had it now!

For A-bodies it would have been 1996 and the day was when I saw my Barracuda convertible. I fell in love with it and wrote a check that day. Now the collection has grown with more A-bodies but I have began to thin out the herd.

My first one was right out of high school in 1976. 1970 340 4 speed Duster...

-
Back