How many CURRENT owners of real '74 360 Duster 4 speed cars on here?

-
Look under rear seat, under dash, under rear window pan usual places they stuck broadcast sheets. From there you will find everything the car left the factory with. This is what they look like

View attachment 1716215908
Yeah thanks! I have mine too! I have seen them taped to the back side of the glove box under the dash and actually once inside the headliner!

Yeah thanks! I have mine too! I have seen them taped to the back side of the glove box under the dash and actually once inside the headliner!
If you can find that article it will give you an enormous amount of info about that car. It’s 21 pages long happy hunting.

Hello All

Does anyone out there know if there is any kind of registry for 74 Duster 360's?? I have had mine since 1981. It is still original paint, a bench seat 4 speed, and 26000+ miles original. I am the third owner.
I would really like to see how many of these great cars are still out there!! If any of you guys can point me in the right direction that would be great!!

IMG_5807duster 360 roadrunner.jpg

photoduster.JPG

IMG_4603duster 360.jpg

IMG_7660 aaron duster.jpg

Hello All

Does anyone out there know if there is any kind of registry for 74 Duster 360's?? I have had mine since 1981. It is still original paint, a bench seat 4 speed, and 26000+ miles original. I am the third owner.
I would really like to see how many of these great cars are still out there!! If any of you guys can point me in the right direction that would be great!!

View attachment 1716254641

View attachment 1716254642

View attachment 1716254644

View attachment 1716254645
There is some reply’s with the current owners of these cars in this thread. Kim

Here is the updated tally, more just to update dates:

1 individual that hasn't posted, so I won’t say who he is (and I don’t remember anymore)

Myself – DionR - yes
oldkimmer – as of 3/2/2024
TimS – no (1/28/2018 reference to selling to a friend)
MrHemi – as of 4/19/2011
360Duster4speed – as of 4/26/2020
Driven – as of 4/20/2011
daniel_depetro - as of 7/13/2015
manofmopar340 – as of 5/29/2024
Moparman1966 - as of 11/15/2012
poppaweelee - as of 7/15/2015
Abody4speed – as of 7/13/2015
sobiecam – as of 9/15/2015
TireSmoknTim – as of 10/6/2016
Mark Damewood – as of 5/7/2017
Money pitt (friend) – as of 1/27/2018
gdrill – sold but still alive
Shayne Dysart – as of 12/17/2020
JRS - as of 2/13/2020
Mike Mitchem - as of 8/9/2020
KZ1972 - as of 10/9/2020
Dads74Duster – as of 3/2/2024
BRozak – as of 10/9/2020
stronglikebull - as of 11/12/2023
moparzepjr - as of 5/26/2024

Dates are the last time they posted in this thread with something indicating they still owned the car.

Last edited:
I'm dying to get out and drive mine. Long winter and a back injury kept me from dropping the trans to figure out why it was getting stuck in 4th. Got it done now and fixed a couple of other issues and seems like the weather is playing games with me.

20240509_123855.jpg

I still have my Duster. Just been busy with my Hemi car and now I've started working on the Charger.
I do have a question for the group and would like some feedback. How much if any modification is acceptable to everyone else? My idea is to pull out the perfectly fine 360 and install a warm 408 with an LD340 and headers, keep the 4 speed but upgrade wheels, brakes and suspension to do some more spirited driving and great burnouts. Since mine is a sunroof/space duster car, utilize the US car tool kit to stiffen it up as much as possible...or should it stay as stock as possible?
What stopped me from working on it is the massive hole in the roof. I cannot find the replacement gear and guide plate. Nobody is making them anymore.

Mano- That car is super rare. Like one of 5 rare. My vote is to keep it perfect original

I still have my Duster. Just been busy with my Hemi car and now I've started working on the Charger.
I do have a question for the group and would like some feedback. How much if any modification is acceptable to everyone else? My idea is to pull out the perfectly fine 360 and install a warm 408 with an LD340 and headers, keep the 4 speed but upgrade wheels, brakes and suspension to do some more spirited driving and great burnouts. Since mine is a sunroof/space duster car, utilize the US car tool kit to stiffen it up as much as possible...or should it stay as stock as possible?

Mine has subframe connectors, and I have upgraded a lot of the suspension including 17" wheels. I drug my feet for years over cutting the floor for a 6 speed, and have since bought a '73 Duster to put the G3/T56 in. I have several modifications made to the numbers matching motor plus several wiring updates like moving the battery to the trunk. But other than the subframe connectors, I could put it back to stock if I wanted to. And even those wouldn't be impossible to fix if I wanted to put the effort in.

Personally, I think the most important thing is to make it what you want. I don't expect I will ever sell mine so the only one that would care if I cut the floor out of it would be me. If you want to enjoy driving it and those mods would make that better, than I say go for it. If you want to enjoy it like it was 1974 again, then maybe not.

I kind of expect with the '73 getting the major mods, I could see my motor coming out and an upgraded LA/Magnum could find it's way in. Maybe even a big block. But whatever I do, it will be bolt on stuff. But that's just me.

My method is make any old car I buy MINE. The next guy can make it how ever the heck HE wants!! Most everything can be reversed. If it ain't a #s 71 heeeeemi Cuda, I say go for it!!

My method is make any old car I buy MINE. The next guy can make it how ever the heck HE wants!! Most everything can be reversed. If it ain't a #s 71 heeeeemi Cuda, I say go for it!!
Depends not adult diapers. You have the #s matching parts keep them, what is done can be undone.

-
Back