how many here stop drinking

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
i stop drinking about 4mths ago [-o<and man i tell you what things that use to not bother me just flat run me crazy now.:eye:..i started walking to loose a few pounds and get myself in better shape(gotta have another surgery on my shoulder) and thought that i would just stop and things would get a little better and they did but for the most part it sucks.:-x..but i did loose 10lbs lol anyway this is not my first time stopping but i think that im going to stick with it cause i just feel better..anybody else stop and get mad faster now..mike:thumrigh:

I stopped about an hour ago. I'll start back tomorrow night.

When I stopped drinking I thought things would get better.The drinking was hiding all of my aliments.I am always at the doctors for something.It,s been 12 years now and I am still glade I stopped. Mark

i quit 3 months ago when my best friend said he was quitting but i have a hot temper anyway, i don have an anger problem i have an idiot problem

now you see why nobody from church want to talk to you lol..just joking..
i dont know i just stay at my boiling point all the time and its stuff i use to blow off and let ride . i thought the older you get the better you get i geuss its the older the more anger comes out lol=;

I stop drinking every Friday night. And every Saturday night.

Find another way to blow off steam, dude.

My yearly alcohol consumption rounds down to zero. I don't have any moral or religious objection, I've been drunk, I just don't like it.

I had to stop drinking all together when I was about 25. I would damn near drink either a handle of something or a case of beer a day. I would get crazy heartburn and some other nasty stuff not worth mentioning. Now I drink a few beers here and there. Too much money and too many stupid decisions.

One of my best friends "totaled" his duster (it was fixable) and is now looking at light jail time (for the dui also a blow in go in his truck) and over 21k in costs (uninsured)...... kinda makes you stop and think

Attachments

• downsized_1120101354.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 446
June 2, 1986. The things that drive you crazy now probably did 4 mos. ago. You just didn't know it.

I quit about three years ago and the further I get from it the better I like it.

I didn,t totally quit,but cut back about 90%.I only drink once in awhile now compared to 18 beers a day.At my age,it was time for change to be around for my daughter(she,s very young and I,m getting older).I even lost 25 lbs(beer belly)Now if I can just quit smoking again.

Quit Oct 1988 best thing i've done other than stopped smoking. Tobacco and alcohol free feels good but all the cost associated with all of it really makes it worth it, Dui, Health, divorce the list goes on. Just think if it wasn't for drugs and alcohol we could cut way down on our police force, but there is always the criminal and the stupid who will keep them going.

My official sobriety date is May 1 2001.

I don't miss it. If you drank like I did you pretty much stay drunk all day at work and of course all night. It got where I could drink about 3 beers after work and would be drunk off my arse.

I quit on 25 March 2002 .

I didn't drink daily ; but when I did drink , it was in large quantities . My poison was good vodka ( Belvedere , Gray Goose , etc. ) , ales and stouts ( Guinness , New Castle , Boddington's , etc. ) .

I've "cheated" a couple of times , by taking a sample taste of other friends' drinks ( e.g. , asked the bartender to pour me a shot glass full of whatever my friends were
drinking ). Just a sample taste only .
I still crave a tasty ale after a shitty day at work ( those shitty days are becoming more and more frequent as of late ... ) , or just to take the edge off on a Saturday night .

ive tried quitting so many times (apparently im no quitter) yes, my temper got very short. so for the good of everyone around me, i just keep drinking. i know its not right, just gotta have it. i almost never drink enough to get drunk anymore, just enough to unwind at the end of the day.

November 4,1988 is the day that I quit!!! Thanks to God and Alcoholics Anonymous. I'm quite sure that if i had continued to drink (and what not) that I wouldn't still be on this earth.

I quit about 12 years ago for a couple of good reasons...First, I am a musician and play a lot of bars so coming home at the bewitching hour full of the sauce was getting too dangerous. But by far the biggest reason is because of Nella. You see, when she was about 6 months old we realized that she was going to be special needs, and in my mind I had to have a clear train of thought to be ready to face any possible circumstances. I couldn't take the chance that something might happen to her, and I would be intoxicated and not be able to make it to the hospital or show up buzzed or something like that. Even worse would be if something happened to me coming home one night and I would no longer be there for her. She is the most important thing in my life hands down, and I can't take the chance that I might not be there to be the father she needs to give her the best chance to succeed in her life. I still may have a shot on Pattys day, or a beer around the campfire at night sometimes, but I will never compromise my position to be there if she needs me!!! It just ain't worth it!! Geof

I don't really drink alot to begin with. I only have a beer every once in a while and I don't drink the hard stuff at all. I've never had a problem with it. But, on a hot summer day, man does an ice cold Bud Light taste so good going down. As long as it isn't too many of them.

My official sobriety date is May 1 2001.

I don't miss it. If you drank like I did you pretty much stay drunk all day at work and of course all night. It got where I could drink about 3 beers after work and would be drunk off my arse.

Is that the date they took your mug shot you use in your avatar?
LMFAO

I quit about three years ago. DUI, can't risk another and I like to drive too much. Was completely sober for an entire year. Now I will have ONE beer once in a great while. Nothing like being sober around people that are drunk. Don't ever want to get drunk again.

-
Back