How many is too many?

-

Valiant63

Early A-body Valiants
Reaction score
Are you other guys generally like me and as long as you have space to fill and money to buy something you will get it whether you'll get to it or not? Granted there aren't too many early a body cars around here for sale, but when I see one I really want to get it, but I don't always do. Do you guys generally get cars even though you don't need them if the price is right? I don't mean getting stuff to part out and make money on, I don't like doing that. I mean just picking stuff up so that it doesn't get crushed or parted out to eventually fix up or sell to somebody who will fix it up. How many is too many?

When you run out of places to put them or big brother issues tickets?

Tell me about it... Got 4 now a V8 68 Valiant, 2 63 B bodies, and a 79 Chrysler. What do I really want ? a 63-66 Valiant or Dart 2 door sedan with a slant. It must be the old saying,,,,Never happy with what you have,,just want what you don't......

When you are out of garage space for your mopars and toss the idea around about building another garage but instead buy another mopar car you now have to leave outside.....You know you have a problem

Ron3.jpg
Or park them one over the other!:rofl:

Thats just sad!!! Lol
Are you other guys generally like me and as long as you have space to fill and money to buy something you will get it whether you'll get to it or not? Granted there aren't too many early a body cars around here for sale, but when I see one I really want to get it, but I don't always do. Do you guys generally get cars even though you don't need them if the price is right? I don't mean getting stuff to part out and make money on, I don't like doing that. I mean just picking stuff up so that it doesn't get crushed or parted out to eventually fix up or sell to somebody who will fix it up. How many is too many?

I'm like that if I see a good deal I'll pick it up. Been doing it alot with AMCs lately and had a chance to get a 69 javelin with factory 390 and 3 spd manual a couple weeks ago for 700 bucks but the fkr sold it from under me when I came with a trailer to his house, frkn pissed me off but anyway I've picked up a 65 dart GT last year for 500 bucks, in solid condition, has a tired out slant in it tho but currently working on that and converting to v8 but on my Amc cars bought a 59 rambler custom and a 60 rambler super both for 300 bucks each but both needed a lot of work and both are finished now. a 68 javelin for 50 bucks that was unbelievably solid, no engine or Trany or seats tho but interior was nice and had new carpet. factory limited slip and front disk brakes, owners wife wanted it gone and a 63 rambler American in somewhat good condition for free. Owner was moving and couldn't take it so I called about it and told me come and get it!! But as far as space it started to get clustered so I sold the javelin to my brother after I got it back in working order which he wanted it really bad but the 63 American and the 65 dart I'm gona sell those after I fix them up. I got too many cars and It's starting to take a toll on me. Just gotta resist that temptation! Them frkn ramblers tho you can get them cheap as hell then again probably nobody wants them!

I should have never read thread this morning.lol.
Drove by this dart while on way to an estate auction.
Of course could not help myself so turned around. No one home so left note on door.

image.jpeg

No issues, just 7 vehicles w/ only 3 being old Mopars. But, that is for 3 drivers w/ another coming up. I hate to sell anything after spending so much time on it, then having it priced w/ the poorly maintained ones. That is why I keep the 96 minivan. Could only get $500 for it and worth more than that to me, serving better than a pickup for hauling. No more space for vehicles, but I can still store rare parts, say K-H front disk setup, Sure-Grip rear-end, if so lucky to find cheap.

I should have never read thread this morning.lol.
Drove by this dart while on way to an estate auction.
Of course could not help myself so turned around. No one home so left note on door.

View attachment 1714968490

I would have turned around look at the car and put several notes around too. It looks like a fixable 2 door hardtop 66 Dart.

Having retired and having to move my stuff, I'd now say 2. One to drive and one to play with. Too many means all you do is work on them and enjoy none. I have saved a few though over the years.

I often buy cars, either to fix up and sell, or since I live in Michigan and everything is rusty, I buy a lot of parts cars! Would I like to save em all, sure would, but most are just too far gone to bring em back!! Seems that early Barracudas find me, and I don't mind one bit!!!

if you can still count them and know where you got them stored..obviously you do not have a problem..

whether or not I have a "problem" depends on which member of my family you ask.... currently I have just the one running Mopar, my Harley and my DD Chevy truck... BUT, except for an actual vehicle to attach it all to, I have enough pieces and parts to build a pretty dang nice car - 318, 727, 8.75, fenders, doors, glass, hood.. exhaust system, NICE center console, carpet, seats, SBP wheels... blah blah blah... anyone got a 70-73 Dart or Scamp they want to see saved? say, something without a nose on it?

-
Back