How many of you are stuck working through x-mas

-

yellow73dart

Reaction score
This isn't going to be the first time I've worked through the holidays. I'm just a little agrivated because I asked for a couple of days off. My whole family is flying down here this year from all over the U.S. They live as far away as Oregon,Seatle to Washington D.C. So you get the idea that this is rare. I work on oil field locations down here in west texas and eastern new mexico 24/7 for days, weeks, or months at a time. I knew I needed to ask off so I did over 5 months ago. I also reminded him every so often. I got an E-mail 2 days ago saying he was going to come out here and discuss the holiday schedule with me, but he never showed up. Now I can't get ahold of anyone because everyone in the offices are off for christmas already. Looks like I just got F***ed! So I was wondering how many of you get stuck working through the holidays?

This isn't going to be the first time I've worked through the holidays. I'm just a little agrivated because I asked for a couple of days off. My whole family is flying down here this year from all over the U.S. They live as far away as Oregon,Seatle to Washington D.C. So you get the idea that this is rare. I work on oil field locations down here in west texas and eastern new mexico 24/7 for days, weeks, or months at a time. I knew I needed to ask off so I did over 5 months ago. I also reminded him every so often. I got an E-mail 2 days ago saying he was going to come out here and discuss the holiday schedule with me, but he never showed up. Now I can't get ahold of anyone because everyone in the offices are off for christmas already. Looks like I just got F***ed! So I was wondering how many of you get stuck working through the holidays?

I had something like that happen to me when I was working. It was planned well ahead. Once they have someone to work X-mas no one gives a $hit.

I get Christmas Day off this year, but work tonight til ten and Sundat at 8...but I can't complain too much, just glad to be getting the money in...

It's bad enough to have to work through the holidays, but to get jerked around like that is really freeking sorry. I have to work half a day today (Christmas Eve), then off 'till Tuesday. This will be the longest off-time I've had this year, so it's all family, no cars, no football, no FABO. Have a Merry Christmas, you'll be in our thoughts and I'm sure your families as well.

There is just something about talking to everyone here on FABO that makes you feel a little better. Thanks. I hope all of you have a merry christmas.

Sorry to hear that yellowdart,but i hope you have a Merry Christmas just the same...

yellow73dart................ I will be right there with you,..............
I work swing shift and I do not remember having Christmas off for quite a long time .....about 23 years I guess..... Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years .....it don't matter to them........ as long as the plant is running,,,,,,

I usually work through holidays. Its just the fact that I asked off this time that bothers me. I usually don't give it a second thought. With so many people unemployed I consider myself fortunate to have a job at all. Here resently I'm starting to think that my boss is taking advantage of that though. He knows he has me by the Balls so he keeps pushing me to my breaking point. My wife is 6 months pregnant and my house is having some major repairs done( Looks like a total remodel). He knows I couldn't quit even if I wanted to.

Does sitting in a sleeper of truck til sunday in a truck stop count as work.

yellow73dart................ I will be right there with you,..............
I work swing shift and I do not remember having Christmas off for quite a long time .....about 23 years I guess..... Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years .....it don't matter to them........ as long as the plant is running,,,,,,

I am glad to know I'm not the only one. Nice demon by the way. Yeah A-bodys keep distracting me from being aggrivated. I think its a sign of an A-body addiction. lol

Apparently calling in got me from sitting in ohio til sunday. Now i get to go from ohio to laredo, tx. I can say ill be working thru christmas now.

Apparently calling in got me from sitting in ohio til sunday. Now i get to go from ohio to laredo, tx. I can say ill be working thru christmas now.

That sucks! That phone call sure didn't help you none. At least your not the only one. I'm 20 miles out side of bigspring, tx right now. let me know if you head this way.

Off till the fourth :cheers:

I may go in just to check the shop, and water pumps( I love going to work....I know, I'm stupid)

I just got a phone call and off I go. It's straight time plus time and a half plus 75 bucks from the time I leave home 'till I get back. Now you all know how I can afford all these cool new toys, lol!

Funny thing is, it's at a liquor store and I planned on getting some beer and whiskey anyway, so all is good with the universe. 8) :toothy10:

I just got a phone call and off I go. It's straight time plus time and a half plus 75 bucks from the time I leave home 'till I get back. Now you all know how I can afford all these cool new toys, lol!

Funny thing is, it's at a liquor store and I planned on getting some beer and whiskey anyway, so all is good with the universe. 8) :toothy10:

Well drink one for me when you get a chance. I'll make $604.00 for the day. I guess thats not to bad. What cool mopar toy should I get next? lol

work 12 today & 12 tomorrow. you kind of get use to it when you work at a place that runs 24/7 all year long. maybee next year i'll be scheduled off. oh well, Happy Holidays!!! :cheers:

Just got off 18 hours and have to go back in 8 hours. Ahha the price we pay for are familys, Hope everyone Has a Happy Holiday.

-
Back