How many of you have had Fox Body mustangs?

-
Reminds me a few years back, I was leaving a town entering a 4 lane in my 91 Spirit R/T and I got into a race with a couple of guys in a GT 5.0. I'll never forget the look on the drivers face and the laughing passenger as I completely toyed with them in my 4 door spirit. Of course, most folks had no idea what the spirit R/T was.... :D

Reminds me a few years back, I was leaving a town entering a 4 lane in my 91 Spirit R/T and I got into a race with a couple of guys in a GT 5.0. I'll never forget the look on the drivers face and the laughing passenger as I completely toyed with them in my 4 door spirit. Of course, most folks had no idea what the spirit R/T was.... :D

Do you still have the spirit? That's one of those cars that I've always wanted

Do you still have the spirit? That's one of those cars that I've always wanted
No, but I wish I did. Short throw 5-speed, couldn't get out of 1st and 2nd fast enough. It was factory tested to go 14.40's but 1st and 2nd gear was useless. If it could have hooked, I could see it going high 13's - 14 flat.

I had a 1986 red GT with 5sp, drove it to work for years. Gave it to my stepdaughter in 2005 to commute to college. She still owns it and wants it restored. It will be my next project after my Dart is finished. Great little car, ran forever.

people always tell me i have a nice Mustang
uOsBFcn.jpg
If they looked that good I'd actually like em! That's a nice car!

But back to the original thread. I do like the '87-'93 LX 5.0 manual cars. I had a '79 5.0/auto I paid $250 for probably 15 years ago. Drove it for a few months then traded it to a local wrecking yard for a low mile 440/727 out of a church van. Best trade ever! Haha

had a dozen or so. a turbocoupe t bird began my ford fun. it was cheap to make quick and the ls jaun hadnt arrived on the scene yet.
added a set of svo turbos to an 92 irocz before i bought a gt 5.0 and people still feared that car a year later. lol then i turboed a few stangs and 1 94 cobra, ls swapped 76mm a 97 v6 stang. i was hoping to finish it and make a profit, but sold to soon for a smaller profit for parts to my dart.
love the 4eye 84-86 fronts.
they are very cheap to build and lego like ease makes it even more desirable for a broke pocket book.
ill take my mopar over any of them...

Had a 90 hatchback about 15 years ago. Re did the whole car and ran mid 10's with it and got bored with it. Was just another mustang among many.

i0000010(2).jpg

I also have a 1994 Ford lightning that I bought new in 94. Its come a long way over the years. Had 3 different superchargers on it and now an 88mm turbo. Ran mid 11s with supercharger and should be well in the 9s with the turbo motor.

brian.jpg

20160622_201206.jpg

Yep, guilty of owning four fox body Mustangs in the past. I bought an 86 SSP coupe from the Washington State Patrol, a black 88 LX hatch, a vibrant red 92 summer edition convertible and a silver 93 notch. All were 5 speeds.

nobody assumed this was a monster of a car. just looked like a typical mustang and was extremely quiet even. but it had a secret for anybody asking for it...

the sn had more leg room for my long legs that a foxbody did. it was a cobra, but still a 5.0 pushrod in it. i ended up puting heads, f cam higher comp shortblock 11.5:1 under the turbo. that vid is with the buyer that bought it from me at only 6psi which was around 500ish-rwhp. made much more than that on 12psi, but it broke everything around it trying to push it harder. i ave up as i go hurt and lost my job cuz of the injury.

h
love the 4eye 84-86 fronts.

Me TOO! Actually the 82 is my all time favorite. I really like the way they looked. I was workin at the local Ford dealer when they came out in September 81.

THE BOSS IS BACK.jpg

An '83 GLX 5.0 rag top,5.0 T-5,Edelbrock performer cam & manifold,3.73 gears.Most fun... 85 1/2 5.0 roller cam 5 speed,t tops..86 GT ragtop ,5.0 aod cruiser.. Would love,to have another..

I had a '90 LX Notchback, 5.0 5-speed
Fun car, bought a few years back, drove it 2 years and sold it for more than I paid for it.

-
Back