how much for a non-running 318???

-

snowcrow

2 Time dart owner
Reaction score
Got a 318 a few months ago to put into the dart but realized it's a bit more costly than I thought. It's a 94 jeep grand Cherokee magnum 318 that's still fuel injected and has all of its parts. Just curious how much I should sell it for!! Thanks :)

Was it a running engine when you bought it? How many miles? The fact that it has everything with it could be a plus.....assuming a wiring harness and such is also there. If it's only good for a carb conversion, i'd guesstimate it's not worth a lot, being a 5.2 instead of a 5.9. Most would treat it as a core and want to go thru it to make sure everything is cool...Especially the heads.

Guess I should've been more clear, everything from the manifold to the headers no electrical stuff like wiring harness or starter. I'd say only worth a carb conversion cause that's what I was going to do. Not sure on the mileage either. It did run when pulled.

Keep it and put it to the side.

It would be better off in that Dart, though. :D

Lol! I understand.

I paid $250 for my 318 and didn't hear it run at all. I took a gamble, but it was worth it. I had all the parts for a rebuild laying around. I got a nice surprise when I pulled the valve covers and intake off :D Once I saw that the rings, bearings, and cylinder walls were in excellent condition, I think I broke my cheek bones from smiling so hard.

2i1032q.jpg

23mmtj4.jpg

2uqoep3.jpg

23msklg.jpg

2lmavdk.jpg

i would gladly take 250 for it! (i know you arent offering, im just saying) does it make any differnece that its a magnum motor?

I gave a running 318 away FREE when I started my Duster project. So I can't think it's worth much or I'm just real generous.

I gave a running 318 away FREE when I started my Duster project. So I can't think it's worth much or I'm just real generous.

your just generous, bet buddy wasen't long coming to get it?

around these parts a good 318 will run you $500, not running and considered a core is about $200

if its mounted to a trans I suggest the OP get it running, real simple like; that way it will be worth more

I just scrapped a 318 and a 360 block I could not even give them away.

Could I swap the intake to run it without a computer and make it carbureted instead of the fuel injection or is it too new for the swap?

Could I swap the intake to run it without a computer and make it carbureted instead of the fuel injection or is it too new for the swap?

yes you can swap the intake and run a carb, but if you have all the parts from the vehicle EFI is very simple to get running

around these parts, you'd be lucky to get scrap price - that's after you help load it up....

I don't plan on sending it to scrap, I'd rather turn it into a table before it goes to scrap.

When I was doing my rebuild, before I pulled my 318/904, I put it on craigslist for $300. Had it sold and gone the day it was pulled.

-
Back