How much is my Barracuda Worth?

-

Ramrunner

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to FABO and I cant seem to add a new thread to the chat section of this site. So admin I apologize. Help me put this in the right place.

I need your help valuing possible next project car. Anyone tell me what a '68 cuda notchback is worth In running and driving condition?? The car Has a 340 in it . Eddy intake and carb. 727 trans. BM shifter interior is all there minus headliner and carpet. Stock gauges and dash are there . seats are mint. Emblems bumpers are there. No drive shaft. 15 inch Rallye. wheels. No paint on car trunk rusted out where spare tire goes but rest of car is super solid!!!! Car is originally 383 car based on vin. But I don't know how to see if its a formula S since it doesn't have a fender tag. Just want it running and driving but don't wanna over spend. Any help would be great. Thanks guys ‪#‎moparornocar

that is SO subjective - - so you want to know what it'll be worth after you fix it?? because your description is of a non-running car.. "No drive shaft." Got any pics of it?

I know, :/ im just trying to get a ball park. I have a 69 dart. and I know what they are worth. But Barracudas I don't know a whole lot about value. Yes I want to know what a running and driving 1968 barracuda is worth with a 340 that has a few bolt on's. Car has no paint. just primer. but is solid steel. I just wanna know so I can feel ok about freshening it up and not be over spending like crazy on a car that's worth less than I paid. Thank you for your help in advance.
It is an H code car though. but does not have original engine. any light you can shed on how to tell if its a formula S would be great

that is SO subjective - - so you want to know what it'll be worth after you fix it?? because your description is of a non-running car.. "No drive shaft." Got any pics of it?

Pictures would really help detemine the value of the car. It doesn't have the original motor which will hurt the value a little bit. The car itself is pretty rare though. Post up pictures!

Its worth a whole lot more with a year correct 383 than a 340. If you want value of 340 in it, on West coast, it would be $6K-$8K assuming it ran good and was road worthy. Thats from what I have seen on CL and for sale. I just found a 69 super clean without engine for $3800 obo. No rust, a bit of parking lot rash but bumpers etc all 8+. I could drop a magnum in it and resell it with injection for $9+, possibly $10-$11 with right buyer. They seem to be worth at least 50% more than all other A bodies with exception of Demon. ?just a West coast opinion form a guy that buys 2-3 A bodies /mo.

i don't have any pictures. I just went and saw it yesterday and like an idiot forgot to take some. buddy and i are trying to buy it together. that's why im trying to be sure that its a doable project and not overly priced.

Pictures would really help detemine the value of the car. It doesn't have the original motor which will hurt the value a little bit. The car itself is pretty rare though. Post up pictures!

any project is doable with enough $$.. fair warning - these "buddy" projects are tough and tend to fail hard if it takes too long or starts getting too expensive.. so this is a "flip" car - - ? probably not a good candidate if that's the case..
from YOUR description - I wouldn't pay ANY more than 3k for it. As far what it'll be worth when/if you finish it - you have to know it depends on what you sink into it... then consider your time damn near free.. and pray you can break even.. sorry, these just aren't good "flips".

being an H code car helps its value, IF original big block K frame is there. lacking a correct 383 does not help. the left side eng bracket mounted to those blocks with a different bracket. missing the rare exh manifolds no doubt. correct radiator. all this makes a big difference for a guy wanting to restore it to cooect. a guy wanting to build his own bb 68 dart, it makes no real difference. hurts not having the fender tag.

like said sounds like maybe a $3000 project like other guy said. I would takes krazykuda's million dollar bid!!!

best flip senerio? just get the 340 running, if good engine sell it. d a off the rust, wash it up good, and sell it as a roller. find a guy wanting a 68 383 notch....

Pics or it's worth $15.

any project is doable with enough $$.. fair warning - these "buddy" projects are tough and tend to fail hard if it takes too long or starts getting too expensive.. so this is a "flip" car - - ? probably not a good candidate if that's the case..
from YOUR description - I wouldn't pay ANY more than 3k for it. As far what it'll be worth when/if you finish it - you have to know it depends on what you sink into it... then consider your time damn near free.. and pray you can break even.. sorry, these just aren't good "flips".

Been there done that, got the 'EPIC FAIL' t-shirt.

let me specify ....... hes putting up some of the money as well as myself. Hes going over seas so im gonna get it going before he comes back. Then after he comes back he will have the cash to buy me out. Or I keep the car. I know it doesn't sound like a good thing. and the buddy projects do fail. but im working on it alone and im good with fabrication for whatever comes up.

hoping I don't win a fail shirt when its all over. but I have my reasons. Trying to help him out with the car he wants and deserves.

Pics or it's worth $15.

Been there done that, got the 'EPIC FAIL' t-shirt.

again - SO subjective and hard to guess #'s without a few pics.. sounds like your heart is in the right place - now stop and think about it from a business perspective... IF the project fails where do you end up? Are all possible scenarios "good" with you?? - only you and your buddy can really determine what it's ultimately worth - anything we say here is guess work...
let me specify ....... hes putting up some of the money as well as myself. Hes going over seas so im gonna get it going before he comes back. Then after he comes back he will have the cash to buy me out. Or I keep the car. I know it doesn't sound like a good thing. and the buddy projects do fail. but im working on it alone and im good with fabrication for whatever comes up.

hoping I don't win a fail shirt when its all over. but I have my reasons. Trying to help him out with the car he wants and deserves.

Read the thread about the member finally getting his dream M code barracuda, there is fender tag information included in that thread that may help you determine if the car is a Formula S or not!

-
Back