How not to drive your hemi Cuda

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Somebody died. This is not meant to be a joke. Please keep that in mind

http://www.delawareonline.com/artic...to-pole-Glasgow?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

What a shame. Forget about the car. I have personally responded to wayyy too many of these scenes. My condolences go out to his family.

Seen too many wrecks over the years.When you grow up,it sinks in you are mortal.

Seen too many wrecks over the years.When you grow up,it sinks in you are mortal.

Yeah expect this driver was 65 years old...not a young punk by any stretch.

Not all roads are smooth and bump free, sure at 45 mph its OK but not 90. Look at all those poles alongside the road. Scary, glad the roads around my place aren't like that.

Trees and poles are a real danger. Now that the temps are cooling off you need to be extra careful, no matter that you are driving. Just takes one little ice spot.

Years ago, after the sixpack RR had been swapped for a 340, it was a hot summer day long time no rain. I jumped on it in 2nd gear and instantly did about 2 360's in the road at only 40-50 mph. It happened so fast it might as well been on ice. Must've been some oil. Bear in mind this was a stock 71 340 with headers, in a RR body, so it was not really overpowered.

Dodge freak,I think you took my comnent out of context.I was referring to my personal thoughts when I saw the pictures.I have seen plenty of more experienced yahoos act irresponsible as well.

A guy had a 70 383S Super Bee at the auto parts store yesterday. I asked him if he ever ran it down the track and he said no but he has had it up to 150.

If I am going that fast it will be in an airplane, not a car on the road.

There is a few good parts left--the motor from the picture looks OK. Wounder what will happen to it....this is where great buys can be had. The family might have not liked the car before the accident, now they might hate it and almost throw the stuff away.

Or it might get shoved in to a shed and kept as keep shake and 20 years later on be found again.

I blame the shape of the roads more then the drivers on many accidents. Only "good" roads are the high speed expressways and even them can have wide cracks or uneven surfaces.

Just another reason I will not drive motorcycles anymore. Least in a car you got a chance--if the speed isn't too great.

This should be a warning to all of us, this could happen to U

A guy had a 70 383S Super Bee at the auto parts store yesterday. I asked him if he ever ran it down the track and he said no but he has had it up to 150.

If I am going that fast it will be in an airplane, not a car on the road.
But in a airplane that is slow..recall that speed freak stunt pilot who crashed and killed how many folks? He was bragging how his plane was good for over 500 mph, better then anything else, he was move over pro drag racers, your good for only 300 mph, this is were the big boys play. He was over 70 years old I believe.

Wake up call, Two friends of mine slid into the trees with a fox body few years back, Was nothing left just like car in the picture.. Least He was riding alone. I only mess around riding by myself so if something ever does happen i don't take the passenger with me.. Could of been mechanical fault, road fault, driver error. No one will ever know. Thoughts go out to his family

I had a H.S. friend who had a 69 Judge weird thing happened on Prom night at my H.S. he took his date home afterward and on his way home he lost control at 55mph flipped his car 7 times nose over end. There were witness to what happened even the State Trooper verified his speedo broke at 55 mph on first impact and he was killed instantly.

I had a H.S. friend who had a 69 Judge weird thing happened on Prom night at my H.S. he took his date home afterward and on his way home he lost control at 55mph flipped his car 7 times nose over end. There were witness to what happened even the State Trooper verified his speedo broke at 55 mph on first impact and he was killed instantly.

Tires--they lost traction and and the car started to go sideways and then suddenly griped very hard and the car flipped

Or a tire blew out. We don't always hold the steering wheel tightly, hopefully you would feel a vibration right before the tire blows but if not the steering wheel can spin and flip the car.

Tire are made much better now--if they are not old or cheap.

I like to know what tires were on that Barracuda ? Maybe 17--18 wheels. It might have been more the cars fault than the driver..I mean maybe he went that fast in a different car and it was OK. Maybe different size wheels-tires, springs the car would had not lost control at that speed?

Yeah he was going waaaaaaay too fast in the first place..he might had said but I only punched wot for a few seconds

That might had been one fast car, like in the 10 second range

looks like hemi, auto trans... narrowed rear with viper wheels, caged....

the thing about accidents is they are really fun all the way up to the sudden stop at the end.:eek:ops::burnout::angel9: i do feel bad for his family those pictures were pretty hard to look at

I know this car. When it was built it was viper powered with viper seats and wheels. I hadn't seen it at any of the shows this year,maybe he was doing the motor swap. Well anyway the car didn't deserve that ending.

Dang, Dang, Dang! At least he left this world doing what he liked to do.

Dang, Dang, Dang! At least he left this world doing what he liked to do.

EXACTLY! I never feel as alive as I do when my foots on the floor. Life is mundane. Horsepower gives my senses a kick in the butt. Some like living on the edge.

-
Back