HOW NOT to sell your car..................

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Found this ad on the Spokamentro CL. You have to be kidding. "No photos you have to come see" "extras I ain't going to post." OK, "I ain't comin." How's THAT? The "nail in the coffin" is "texts only." Well, I don't do texts, M'KAY?

1971 Dart Swinger
1971 Dart Swinger - $6000 (Spokane)
This is a 1971 Dart Swinger
She is gold with black interior.
Black vienyle top. Dual snorkel hood scoops, black go wing.
New paint, needs wet sanded.
Comes with a rebuilt 340, rebuilt tranny, 2000 Hughes stall, 8.750 rearend and a posi.
15 inch Centerline wheels.
Very Straight and very solid.
Lots of extras that I ain't going to post! So don't ask!
Interested? Come see it!
No pics! You come see it with cash in hand.
Texts only!!!

Makes you want to show up at a complete stranger's house with $6000 in your pocket; doesn't it.

Found this ad on the Spokamentro CL. You have to be kidding. "No photos you have to come see" "extras I ain't going to post." OK, "I ain't comin." How's THAT? The "nail in the coffin" is "texts only." Well, I don't do texts, M'KAY?

1971 Dart Swinger
1971 Dart Swinger - $6000 (Spokane)
This is a 1971 Dart Swinger
She is gold with black interior.
Black vienyle top. Dual snorkel hood scoops, black go wing.
New paint, needs wet sanded.
Comes with a rebuilt 340, rebuilt tranny, 2000 Hughes stall, 8.750 rearend and a posi.
15 inch Centerline wheels.
Very Straight and very solid.
Lots of extras that I ain't going to post! So don't ask!
Interested? Come see it!
No pics! You come see it with cash in hand.
Texts only!!!

Lighten up Francis!!!!

The "posi" is a separate item from the 8.750- but at this time they are not willing to share those details.

It should be mandatory you post pictures to Craigslist. reminds me of a line from the new Dukes of Hazard movie - Now really old movie... "Hilllll...bily"

Hey you guys, I have an Original 1970 Hemi 'Vert Cuda. No pics, just bring 200 grand to this address in the back alley, behind the dive bar. No phone messages only. :lol:

I've tried to sell parts on CL and was met with a few responses like "I'm very interested in your auto parts and are ready to make a deal, I hope you're an honest person concerning this deal because I myself am a god fearing person"

I said "I am, but which parts are you interested in?"

Response: "Please let's make a deal quick on your auto parts, I'm out of the country currently and will have to send someone else to get them from you"

I stopped replying, so stupid.

On our local Craigslist someone has a 2004 AMG E55.
2004 supercharged v8 mercedes E55 AMG
I'm actually looking for one of these since they are a lot of car for a reasonable amount of money.
I sent a text message and got a decent response. I had a number of specific questions & got good answers. At this point all I want to do is see this thing. And the answer I get is bring the cash & you can check the car out. I kinda understand that it's a real pain to deal with some of the CL tire kickers but I'm not showing up with cash just to see this thing.

And the answer I get is bring the cash & you can check the car out. I kinda understand that it's a real pain to deal with some of the CL tire kickers but I'm not showing up with cash just to see this thing.

When dealing with more then 100 bucks, I make it a point to ask where to closest bank is AND I show up at a time the bank is still open

They don't need to know that I might have as much as I'm willing to pay in cash in the glove box (right under that second magazine of hornady critical defense)

There is a "Craigslist- Redneck version" I am still trying to figure out how to get on it.
Not sure if it is actually Craigslist or a copy.
The rules are you need to be voted on and if anyone complains about you buying or selling your off- no BS.
Anyone have any ideas?

-
Back