How rare is a 68 GSS?

-
wasent mr norm offering new 68 darts a few years ago or rebuilt ones for like 200 grand or so ?

The Magic number is ...... '48'. ...... All Automatics.

They were originally GTS 383 cars that were pulled from the line on
November 19, 1967 and on December 7, 1967.

* LS23M8B208*** ...... November 19, 1967
* LS23M8B225*** ...... December 7, 1967

Wow, just 23 days before my car went down the line. 12/30/1967

I know of one locally in St. Louis that got turned into a pro street back in the 80's. A friend of a friend owned it, never understood why he insisted on tubbing such a rare car. I ended up with the original spare tire out of it, never been on the ground. I still have it, was always going to put it in my 68 as a conversation piece at the shows.

I know of one locally in St. Louis that got turned into a pro street back in the 80's. A friend of a friend owned it, never understood why he insisted on tubbing such a rare car. I ended up with the original spare tire out of it, never been on the ground. I still have it, was always going to put it in my 68 as a conversation piece at the shows.

Oh can't remember the number of times where a rare car has been majorly altered. fella from Canada came through with an original 68 numbers matching 340 GTS. He took and pulled the motor, up and sold the original drive train and made a hemi clone out of the car to include cutting the quarters for big slicks, adding a roll cage etc.. Whats sad is that he was offered another Dart body and turned that offer down.

That's a neat story to tell but if I were listening to it I would ask how you could prove the spare tire we are looking at in your trunk is out of a GSS compared to any other Chrysler car from '68?

That's a neat story to tell but if I were listening to it I would ask how you could prove the spare tire we are looking at in your trunk is out of a GSS compared to any other Chrysler car from '68?

You're correct, I would be the same way at a show.

I trust the friend I got it from, but I'm also not 100% sure that it is the original to the GSS because it isn't a standard tire. It's a color line tire for one and not a standard white wall, would love to see one that can be proven to be correct so I could compare. It is new and never on the ground, even the wheel was never bolted to a car from what I remember. It's in storage and I haven't seen it in several years.

-
Back