How reliable is Desktop Dyno?

-
i got the full version from another site now cuz i couldnt figure out the one here, and i got the drag race simulator with it as well....let me know if anyone wants it

I've heard that the desktop dyno programs can be very accurate if you know your head flow numbers. However the other wildcard seems to be choosing the correct intake manifold and trying to determine which of the flow categories it really belongs. I never know which to enter for the Air Gap - but have assumed dual plane high flow.

This is exactly the problem I have with the program,when comparing real world dyno numbers the air gap is only slightly behind a good flowing single plane in h.p. and thats only on the upper end.Yet in the the program when you compare a dual plane high flow to a std single plane its so far off its rediculous-let alone a high flow single plane.They need to update and have actual intake selctions similar to their cam programs.

i got the full version from another site now cuz i couldnt figure out the one here, and i got the drag race simulator with it as well....let me know if anyone wants it

can you send me the link? i dont have the drag race simulator yet.....

thanks

here is the link...its in the middle of the thread...if you already have the crack done on desktop dyno then you get the full version of the drag simulator when you download it (thats what it says anyways)...either way just follow the install notes- it took me a while to get it but i ended up nailin it (not computer savy even though my generation lives at the computer)

here is the link...its in the middle of the thread...if you already have the crack done on desktop dyno then you get the full version of the drag simulator when you download it (thats what it says anyways)...either way just follow the install notes- it took me a while to get it but i ended up nailin it (not computer savy even though my generation lives at the computer)

don't see the link:downtown:

sorry...link is in the first post....click it and download the whole thing, then follow the install notes...the drag race setup is in the download folder

Could you re-attach the lnk for the dyno some how I am missing it and can't get the other one to work. I'm sorry I would like to have your link MUSHRED. Thanks

I do think a intake manifold selector would be awesome!
They also need to update the cam selections (even though every possible measurment is changeable).

My other questions are:

What does the factory 5.9L Magnum have for induction flow in cfm? (my 2001 Dodge Ram 5.9L; all stock)

Trying to figure out my induction flow cfm for my 406 Big Block.
It uses an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake and a Holley 750 / 770 cfm carburetor?

Trying to figure out my induction flow cfm for my 360 Small Block.
It has an Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake manifold and a Holley 650 / 670 cfm carburetor.
What if I use a 750 / 770 CFM carb.?

mshred, Thanks, this worked perfect. I think the start of this post was a question of how accurate these are. I used all of my current information and ran through the dyno program. Took that information and ran through the dragstrip program with temperature, humidity and altitude for a track we had data for in our log book. The 60 foot and the 330 times were dead on the number by only a thousandth. This was on a 96 degree day with 68% humidity.

cool man glad the link helped out....i wish it were that accurate for me...but thats another issue lol

-
Back