How to dispose of a Tesla when the battery dies

-
Nah, it needed to be catapulted onto Elon’s front lawn. He shoud really be forced to eat the garbage he creates.

You can get a refurbished Prius battery around here for $1500. Not sure what refurbished means...? Off topic: Why cant you rebuild your own lead acid batteries? $150 for a 800 CCA battery is a gut punch.

You can get a refurbished Prius battery around here for $1500. Not sure what refurbished means...? Off topic: Why cant you rebuild your own lead acid batteries? $150 for a 800 CCA battery is a gut punch.

Ill just spring for the $150. LOL

lol why am I not surprised.
kinda stupid to pay $50,000 for a car that only lasts 8 years. Oh well, it's their money.

THIS **** is what's gonna KILL electric cars.

I read an article nearly 10 years ago about the fact that no one has an effective way to recycle these electric car batteries, so that would be the downfall of them. Maybe it’s starting to come true.

I read an article nearly 10 years ago about the fact that no one has an effective way to recycle these electric car batteries, so that would be the downfall of them. Maybe it’s starting to come true.
They tried that back in the early 1900's. I had a ride in a 1905 Columbus. Beautiful car and was 24 volts. Ran really smooth and quiet except for a humming noise. The torque was unbelievable. I have a short video but don't know how to post it on here

They tried that back in the early 1900's. I had a ride in a 1905 Columbus. Beautiful car and was 24 volts. Ran really smooth and quiet except for a humming noise. The torque was unbelievable. I have a short video but don't know how to post it on here
You need to process it on You Tube and post the link here.

It would be nice if we could just post a video without changing formats etc.
Yes but it takes a butt load of hard drive space. My E mail attachments are limited to 30 mb. That's equal to 6 photos here. Our limit here is 5.2 mb per photo.

That is some good video there. I love that you could see the shock wave radiating in slow motion. I believe I read or heard somewhere of a company that has solved or is very close to solving the battery recycle and refurbish issue with these cars. I’m beginning to think that no matter the cost in currency or to the environment, electric cars are here to stay.

That is some good video there. I love that you could see the shock wave radiating in slow motion. I believe I read or heard somewhere of a company that has solved or is very close to solving the battery recycle and refurbish issue with these cars. I’m beginning to think that no matter the cost in currency or to the environment, electric cars are here to stay.

Yep, it's a top down solution to a problem that doesn't exist. As soon as the subsidies go away, so will these boondoggles.

-
Back