• Gen 3 Hemi twin turbo

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Gen 2 Big block Hemi Meth/N02

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters
-

MRL Performance

Reaction score
Ok, so here is a question for yall. If you wanted a reliable 1500+HP, what would you do?

I kinda liked the set-up they ran in the hairy olds
if you replace the 425 olds engines with similarly set-up 440s you should be able to easily duplicate, if not surpass their outcome of 2400 HP

then de-tune them to run on 98 instead of the alcohol blend and you should still be well passed your 1500 HP goal

As in general answer, build as big as I could. Bigger engine = lower stress.
Considering the drive train, car and chassis longevity, street or strip, pressure is a wonderful thing.
I never had the moneys to get there.

Considering the drive train, car and chassis longevity, street or strip, pressure is a wonderful thing.

big s/s a h hemi w/ nitrous or a turbo on it.

big s/s a h hemi w/ nitrous or a turbo on it. detuned a little ,of course!

Since a supercharged (or turbo charged) Gen 2 Hemi is and has been the power plant of choice in so many rigs that meet or exceed this requirement why not have that choice also? Most of the exhibition wheel standers etc... Run a big Hemi on the mild side and have very little maintenance issues. Then there is the Nelson Racing Maximus twin turbo Alien II mirror image setup in the widened Charger you see in the end of FNF7 that makes 2000+ HP The big block would be cheaper but would still have to use an aftermarket block with cross bolted mains since the bearing caps like to walk in the 900 HP range even with a girdle.

vbpgimage.php

1968-charger-exterior.jpg

Small block stroker with twins on it, the nice thing with turbos you can make that power but not always be in it so it's very reliable

Copy and/or improve on this:

[ame]http://youtu.be/cpDSvdLRODo[/ame]

Reliable 1500 HP is easily done at low rpms with diesel's.
Gasoline engines with power adders + high rpms. Not as reliable but
likely more the kind of fun your question is directed.
I would have to go the nostalgic route with a 671+1st or 2nd gen. Chrysler Hemi.
It has proven itself capable over and over for decades.
I am from the over 50 crowd that still enjoys the old methods best.

Reliable 1500 HP is easily done at low rpms with diesel's.
Gasoline engines with power adders + high rpms. Not as reliable but
likely more the kind of fun your question is directed.
I would have to go the nostalgic route with a 671+1st or 2nd gen. Chrysler Hemi.
It has proven itself capable over and over for decades.
I am from the over 50 crowd that still enjoys the old methods best.

Easily done in the 50+ liter generator diesels I've installed but certainly not in a 5.9.

Rob Goss's gen3 makes 2200hp but it's broke the aftermarket block twice.

440" R3 W8 with 25lbs of boost would do it but not cheap. The R5 P7 like said above... double the R3 budget, everything in it would be custom made. A friend wanted a stroker crank, $4000 quote. To me the cost effective way is big block boost.
HOWEVER, do not count out nitrous, I know of a few small block street cars at 12-1300hp

I have to sound like slick Willy but " It depends on what your definition of reliable is". Yes it is reliable as long as we change the bearings every 4th pass..... :)

I have to sound like slick Willy but " It depends on what your definition of reliable is". Yes it is reliable as long as we change the bearings every 4th pass..... :)

Not if it's built right, there's tons of 1500hp Street cars out there these days. Maybe not too many mopars but plenty of Ford and Chevy guys making that kind of power reliably. Do you think Larry Larson changes bearings during drag week?

Street or Race motor?
Street car I would run a 572" Hemi with Stage V heads and twin turbos. Run it on e85 and you can get by with air to air intercooler.

According to Peter Kluut of Legendary Motor Car, they used a destroked Viper engine displacing 511 c.i., and added twin turbo's. Foose was a part of this build, and the car was called "SuperCuda"

Attachments

• SuperCuda.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 578
I am using a newgen hemi and a single billet turbo. Twins not needed and couldnt fit anyways. Should be around 1500fwhp when said and done. Street car and heads up car.

EMD SW1500 locomotive. 1500 HP about as reliable as it gets. Course it might be a little hard on asphalt.

Attachments

• SW1500.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 464
-
Back