• Big block twin turbo

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Gen 3 Hemi twin turbo

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Gen 2 Big block Hemi Meth/N02

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters
-
EMD SW1500 locomotive. 1500 HP about as reliable as it gets. Course it might be a little hard on asphalt.

pffffffth ......childs play .....I can jam out 2000 HP with this baby

Attachments

• 3967547647_1f3307ac51_z.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 380
Well......he DID ask about "only" 1500.

Old school as usual, I will raise you one UP 4012 Big Boy.

Max HP - 6290

Tractive Effort - 135,375 LBF

Max Speed - 80 plus MPH

Combined Locomotive and Tender Weight - 1,250,000 pounds

Weight on Drivers - 540,000 Pounds

All of "THIS" "SHOULD" get the job done.

Attachments

• 4012BIGBOY.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 363
Not if it's built right, there's tons of 1500hp Street cars out there these days. Maybe not too many mopars but plenty of Ford and Chevy guys making that kind of power reliably. Do you think Larry Larson changes bearings during drag week?

Well... He did have to weld up a hole in a head....:coffee2:

Aluminum 572 gen2 efi'd with an F2! It put that to the ground!
Gen3 stroked to 7 litres, around 88 turbo! Close to that number on the ground!
What do you have up your sleeve at MRL?:-k:-k

Aluminum 572 gen2 efi'd with an F2! It put that to the ground!
Gen3 stroked to 7 litres, around 88 turbo! Close to that number on the ground!
What do you have up your sleeve at MRL?:-k:-k

x2!!!!

I chose a small block because i have a lots more parts for sb then a bb

Reliable high HP has to do with lots of CI and stock....eash RPM..........can i change my answer!:D

Now don't mis understand, you can make a HI revving sb live, it's just cheaper with a big blocks and lost of stock valve train parts.

The easiest would be big block or Hemi with twins could make that with low boost pretty easy and be very streetable.

I think the head choices and packaging would push me to small block twin turbo. If there was more in the budget then a larger single turbo RB wedge could do it without working as hard.

As much as I love the gen 2 hemi I have heard a lot that they aren't reliable. I have ZERO experience with hemis at all so please inform me if I am wrong. Personally if I wanted true dependability I would either do a small block or gen 3 twin or porch agree build.

I vote small block because they are more easier to find when you grenade the motor....

Lets agree to disagree

Let's look at someone who does it. Rob Goss has a procharged new body challenger running in the 4's eighth mile. He has been through several aftermarket blocks and they are cracking on him. They have tried welding gussets in and every other trick they could think of and are still having problems. He also told me the stock head wont hold up and lifts off, he had to go to billet. 1500 up is when his problems started.

Let's look at someone who does it. Rob Goss has a procharged new body challenger running in the 4's eighth mile. He has been through several aftermarket blocks and they are cracking on him. They have tried welding gussets in and every other trick they could think of and are still having problems. He also told me the stock head wont hold up and lifts off, he had to go to billet. 1500 up is when his problems started.

Lets get to the mistaken comment. Aftermarket block. Nope there isnt one. Ma mopar dont make **** for an aftermarket block. They make an aluminum one they claim to be beefed up. Yet most of the threads didnt even hold a bolt hand tighten up out of the box and needed redone. If you think that is gonna be of any quality over stock. Your really selling yourself very short. So it isnt the fact the design cant hold up but the production quality coming off the lines. Ma mopar cares today just as much as the last 50 years and thats not at all. Mopar does this to keep real manufacturers away to control the market share of the product. This happens in almost every field in the world but cars.
Those who build those billet heads and thitek heads will probably step up with a block some day. I assume so anyways as it is needed, but not a high desire need just yet. Nobody has pushed these things hard enough till recent to find this out. We will see what will come or not of the aftermarket world for us 3genners(no relations to bruce/catlyn) of course.

Lets get to the mistaken comment. Aftermarket block. Nope there isnt one. Ma mopar dont make **** for an aftermarket block. They make an aluminum one they claim to be beefed up. Yet most of the threads didnt even hold a bolt hand tighten up out of the box and needed redone. If you think that is gonna be of any quality over stock. Your really selling yourself very short. So it isnt the fact the design cant hold up but the production quality coming off the lines. Ma mopar cares today just as much as the last 50 years and thats not at all. Mopar does this to keep real manufacturers away to control the market share of the product. This happens in almost every field in the world but cars.
Those who build those billet heads and thitek heads will probably step up with a block some day. I assume so anyways as it is needed, but not a high desire need just yet. Nobody has pushed these things hard enough till recent to find this out. We will see what will come or not of the aftermarket world for us 3genners(no relations to bruce/catlyn) of course.

Ya, I'm guessing BES knows how to prep a block. Those ThiTek heads were good for one pass as well after they were machined for the Jesel rockers. Good luck to you on you build, but after hearing about the problems first hand by someone who has done it I will go with plan B. Gen II hemi. I do love the Gen III platform and potential.

Ya, I'm guessing BES knows how to prep a block. Those ThiTek heads were good for one pass as well after they were machined for the Jesel rockers. Good luck to you on you build, but after hearing about the problems first hand by someone who has done it I will go with plan B. Gen II hemi. I do love the Gen III platform and potential.

I do thing 1500 is the max and no more. I just think those alum blocks are junk castings. I used to make castings for a living and my dad was the liner hone expert for caterpillar inc for 20yrs. Structural integrity is lacking on the aluminum block. Thats why its hard to find a new one now and why so much trouble with them as well.

Talk to Rob, he'll tell you he feels that the block is very strong. Despite his recent issues with cracking he's the first to tell you they don't know what they are doing with it (don't take this as they are stupid take it as they are the ones pushing limits and testing waters at 2200hp)
The block isn't junk, turbofreek nothing that's withstood that power is junk. And 1500 clearly isn't the max when 10 years ago Tim Barth made 1680whp with a stock block and a whipple. You're the gen3 boost guy I'm just an LA nitrous guy, you should know this

2nd gen hemi. All steel, 8-71@10 over,enderle injection on methanol. Mild tune up,leave off idle,glide and 3speed lenco. 23t altered. I've got 4 passes in this car and would like to get booted for going quicker than my 7.50 license allows. Fontana TnT this saturday. Takes about 1200 hp to run 7s I believe.

-
Back