How to get in touch with Dillinger Chassis ?

-
Joe, he got his parts. Not like he's out anything other than a little bit of time from not shipping it next day.

Could JD have handled it better, sure.

Joe, he got his parts. Not like he's out anything other than a little bit of time from not shipping it next day.

Could JD have handled it better, sure.

yea i know he got his parts. but two weeks with no "hey there is gonna be a delay" or anything would piss me off if i didn't know of the guy.. i guessing that the guy complaining didn't see the post that says john is stepping back for a bit. its easy to defend john because most of us here have gotten to know him and a lot have dealt with him and a lot have seen his post. but think of it coming from a guy that doesn't know john and never saw the post about stepping back.. things look a lot different in those shoes. i'd be thinking the guy just took my $700..

yea i know stuff used to take 6-8 weeks to get but that means nothing to me. gas used to be 60 cents a gallon in the past too.. if i'm buying something, spending my hard earned money on it i want it in a timely fashion. 2 weeks is extreme to me not to hear anything at all. its different if up front there was talk of a delay, or it was understood that the parts were built to order but to take money and not say a word about being two weeks is wrong to me..

Happens when anger and the key pad mix. It is the internet and its like
it is written in stone.

Did I just say that? Oops.

Darryl

I think this can be misconstrued as well or be taken the wrong way. Hopefully you mean you're not calling John this.

Dude, are you dislexic or just trying to twist my words around to try to get a rise out of others. As I stated before I'm NOT calling him nor am I assuming that he is any of these. Goes to show how people twist things around because they don't understand what they are reading and blab the first thing that comes to their mind. If you got an issue with me, pm me and we can discuss this on a personal note, but if you don't then shut your mouth.

Dude, are you dislexic or just trying to twist my words around to try to get a rise out of others. As I stated before I'm NOT calling him nor am I assuming that he is any of these. Goes to show how people twist things around because they don't understand what they are reading and blab the first thing that comes to their mind. If you got an issue with me, pm me and we can discuss this on a personal note, but if you don't then shut your mouth.

Really dude?!
I think you're the dislexic one. How did I twist your words by saying that what I quoted can be misconstrued by the way it sounds.lol In no way did I say you said anything permenantly against anyone. And then, if you didn't catch this, I said hopefully you weren't calling him that.
That in no way says...."You called him that" or "twists your words".
I think that you're the one who's reading this stuff and flying off the handle and immediately posting what comes to mind. S.....L.....O......W.....D.....O......W......N

So, in short, all I said is that what you said can be misconstrued or misunderstood....I understood completely that you didn't call him that, but others may not see it that way. Take a chill pill. Sheesh.

I'll "shut my mouth" now.

I just found this post and at the risk of being criticized or stirring something up I am going to chime in. I have bought items from John in the past. My first 2 purchases went smoothly and the parts were of nice quality. My last order was for a set of lower control arms. I contacted John, ordered and paid for them back in February. I emailed him in March and also in April as to the order status. Both times he explained that he was experiencing machining problems and was behind on orders. I told him "no worries" and I would wait. Since then he has yet to respond to emails or Pms or messages left on his website. It is too late to get a refund through paypal as my purchase has been over 45 days. As of now I am still out $365.00 and no parts to show for it. I know $365 may not seem like a lot of cash to most people but I budget and save for special pieces for my cars like most everyone else.

I finally sent an email to his wife's email that I paid through on PayPal explaining the situation. It took her a week to respond but she did apologize and said she would have John contact me. That was 2 weeks ago and no response yet.
I did see his posting about family issues and I do sympathize with him and hope things work out for him and his family. John has been helpful to many people here on this site in the past, myself included. He seems to be a standup guy and his parts are nice quality pieces.

So in conclusion, I am still waiting patiently for my parts and a response from John. I am not going to trash a man's integrity over $365. Life has it ways of dealing everyone a **** storm every now and then. Hopefully when the storm passes John will be able to make good on my order or at least make things right.

Personally I think after so many months he should refund your money. If/when he gets things back in gear you can then buy a set. Ill be damned if I would let someone sit on my $300 and totally ignore me like that. That's just not right. We are talking $365 here. Not $10 .

I understand abodyjoe and I agree but there isn't much I can do at this point but wait. Paypal won't refund because purchase is over 45 days old. I'm not going to harass his wife that just had a baby with a bunch of emails and a road trip to Utah is out of the question. I'm sure John will make it right eventually. I am disappointed but on the other hand life is too short to be pissed off and angry over $365. I'm sure John enjoys making these pieces for our cars and will do so again. Nobody equips their shop and spends that much time making parts if they don't get some sort of satisfaction out of it. All I can do is cross my fingers and wait at this point.

i hear what you are saying but damn man. its just wrong for him to take your money then never get back to you. if he was stepping back and not doing this stuff for a while then he should never have taken your money. hell you shouldn't have to harass anyone. the guy should refund your money no questions asked. then if he ever starts making it again get in touch with you. what he is doing is plain old wrong,unacceptable and not very professional at all. i mean seriously how long does it take him or his wife to click onto paypal and send you your money back? all of 5 minutes? thats what should be done. hell it should have been done months ago if you ask me. deals like this ruin it for any small guy trying to make and sell stuff. makes people think long and hard about sending people any money.

this sounds like freaking harold and spitfire headers for god sakes. step up and refund the money already.

i would have to advise anyone thinking of buying anything from him to think twice and if you still want to order to order COD from here on out. never know when this will happen all over again.. just a bad deal all the way around.

I have "defended" John up to this point. But after giving all this some thought and reading what happened with 737jetdr I am not so sure. I can say that I have ruled out using his products. Not entirely due to his recent actions.....

Funny....... I get bashed for letting someone know how I got treated and after I made my case known its suddenly frowned upon........wow......

Funny....... I get bashed for letting someone know how I got treated and after I made my case known its suddenly frowned upon........wow......

Perhaps it was the way you presented it.....

I will keep everyone informed of the outcome. I just sent his wife another email asking to have my money refunded. If he starts up business again I will reorder them. I am out of town for work all the time anyway. I haven't seen my cars in several months. It's not like my car is in parts awaiting the control arms.

I tried to reach out to John both here on this forum and through his Dillinger website to purchase a set of his adjustable strut rods and never had any response. When I saw the ebay listing last week (maybe 1 and a half weeks after my inquiry) I gave a moments thought to purchasing... but after considering the lack of response to a direct sale decided against.

-
Back