How to get into the trunk of a 65 Barracuda????

-
I dont like them little critters. Aparrently cedar chips repel them. My buddy had nests built in his engine compartment if parked for 2 days. Since putting the cedar packets under the hood, no issues.

Glad you got it open!!

Great job Macgyver!
I feel your pain, I was replacing the windshields in my 52, and noticed the dreaded nesting in the top of the a pillars. I got a hooked pic and started pulling it out, it was endless.
The car had its original headliner intact but had stains here and there, I figured it either leaked or? Well it was the latter I pulled the headliner down to see the whole front packed with mouse or more likely rat nesting. What a nasty cleanup that was!
Now I get the expense and misery of installing a new headliner...

Congrats!! Yeah, those little buggers... When I pulled the original carpet I found 3 skeletons (mice, what were you thinking?)

Then I pulled the flat panel over the floor of the cargo and found lots of white insulation. Running through it was the fuel sending unit wire...chewed down to the wire! Urine caused rust and smell.

IMG_20140929_153457.jpg

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Here's a shot after cleanup. I continue to be amazed how very, very little rust I'm finding in this car. Trunk floor is rock solid except for a couple of minor surface rust areas.

65cudatrunk7.jpg

Mine is solid too, happy to see another survivor.

well there was another way....make a slit in the rear panel carpet where the latches are (in the area is close enough and a little low) and drill a 1/2 hole in the wood then snake a rigid coathanger in there and hook the latch and pull it down, you can plug the holes and glue the carpet back but Im sorry I was late to the party. Glad you got it. I know the latches are pretty tough even from the back if they are not lubed. suppose you could have drilled a 1" hole in the center and just inserted a 3" long piece of EMT with a screwdriver jammed in it to pop the lock.

-
Back