How to get to this 'stance'

-
My concern would be what happens when you get people in that car when it is already sitting that low?

I always loved member "BrianT"s car/stance...Plus it has a Dana. :D

View attachment 1714770458

BrianT's Dart sits like a muscle car....nice job!

i would take a spin in BrianT's car or Youngguns

both are nice if you ask me. i would have a hard time choosing, would have to pop the hood first lol.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It was just dumb luck that got the stance right on my car. I ordered +1 springs from ESPO and they settled to where they are now. Careful measurements got the narrowed rear end and wheels centered where we wanted them. We put everything back together and then looked at each other and said Right on!

Moparlover...if you popped the hood on mine right now all you would see is an empty engine compartment needing to be finished. They're calling for nicer temps this weekend and I plan on getting back after it then.

Here's another pic to get us all motivated. The driveway slopes away from the house so the *** end looks a little higher than it really is.

IMG_6702.jpg

"BrianT" that is one nice Dart. Mine rides on 29 x 12.50 rear tires with a spring relocation kit.

Attachments

• IMG_4415.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 568
So I have a couple question on this subject, only, I'm asking for the opposite reasons. I want my car to sit kind of high and level, not as extreme as a gasser but high... Its a 440 in a '67 Valiant. Why couldn't a person just mount the front of the leaf springs below the framerail rather than cutting into it to mount the boxes? Also what size torsion bars should I use and what vehicle would be a good place to source them from? thanks in advance for any suggestions.

GJUK google eatondetroitspring.com I believe that they are a oem supplier and they have spec's on vehicles dating way back before the 50's if i remember correctly. They also have an excellent tech section that should answer any questions you have concerning springs and the information would help you in making the right decision for lowering your car.

Here is a pic of mine

275/60/15
Cal Trac split mono -1
Front hanger moved 5/8" and stock height

If you are mini tubbing and spring relocating the car, shorten the axle so you can use a 3-4.5 backspace wheel. It makes it MUCH easier to get your tire/wheel on or off. Mine is a 15x8.5 with 4.875 BS and it's a wiggle act to get the wheels on/off.

BrianT has a very nice car. Youngguns car as well, super cool.

I LOVE the stance of this car... WELL done!
attachment.php

Here is a pic of mine

275/60/15
Cal Trac split mono -1

If you are mini tubbing and spring relocating the car, shorten the axle so you can use a 3-4.5 backspace wheel. It makes it MUCH easier to get your tire/wheel on or off. Mine is a 15x8.5 with 4.875 BS and it's a wiggle act to get the wheels on/off.

attachment.php

Looks good, Rob. Wish I had known this trick, when I ordered wheels, Nice late 70's/ early 80's unassuming vibe , you have going there. Jesus Christ, your garage is as messy as mine.....

Here is a pic of mine

275/60/15
Cal Trac split mono -1

attachment.php

Thanks for the compliment. I also narrowed my rear end 4" on each side and moved it back 3/4" to make room for the tires. I run a 10" rim with 3.5 backspace. After adding the long studs I have to let the air out of the tires to get the rims off. Otherwise no big deal.
View attachment IMG_4429.jpg

Love the stance on these cars!

i'm wanting to drop the rear of my '67 Notch, and am having trouble finding lowering blocks on Summit Racing website.

Can anyone point me in the direction I need to look for lowering blocks for my Notch?
Thanks!

-
Back