How to install front shock upper bushings? 68 Dart

-

Markbo

Reaction score
Ok, so dumb question... How do I press these these new bushings in? Installing some new KYB shocks up front.

IMG_0130.JPG

Got those with with the shocks, but see diagram for upper bushing.

View attachment 1715089064

Pretty strange because these are Mopar strut rod bushings, and what came with my front end kit as such.
Not to mention the hole for the shock rod is WAY too big to be for a shock.

Somebody is messing up because those are the exact OEM old style strut rod bushings.
Check here where another member asked about them.
New one piece strut rod bushings

Pretty strange because these are Mopar strut rod bushings, and what came with my front end kit as such.
Not to mention the hole for the shock rod is WAY too big to be for a shock.

Somebody is messing up because those are the exact OEM old style strut rod bushings.
Check here where another member asked about them.
New one piece strut rod bushings
Thanks TrailBeast. Maybe I should just move on with the supplied "puck" style bushings.....

There was a one piece upper front shock bushing... We used to cut them up and replace them with the two piece design...

Thanks TrailBeast. Maybe I should just move on with the supplied "puck" style bushings.....

If I hadn't seen that page you posted I would have thought there was just no way that was right.
But seeing it in print also screwed with me pretty bad, because for one, as I said the hole in the center looks WAY too big for a shock rod, and there is also no way the shock rod is long enough to go through those and ever have a hope of getting the washers and nuts on them.
Weird. :D

There was a one piece upper front shock bushing... We used to cut them up and replace them with the two piece design...

And then there is this post, which I fully expected from someone after seeing the printed material. :D

Thanks Karl, it does make a little more sense now but I would have to see all of the parts in one place together to decide if it were me.
That said, I would probably opt for the ones that came with the shocks anyway.

-
Back