How to interact with a police officer(s)

-
Anyone DUI or doing over 100 should be shot on the spot.
But that's my opinion.
I've got more people trying to kill me with their cars than cops trying to stop me and kill me with their tasers.
But that's a fact.

Officer shot in Carroll County "lucky to be alive", says family | 11alive.com
I wouldn’t agree with that. Maybe a stiffer penalty, but not death. I mean hell, the Constitution and it’s articles guarantee due process. We can’t argue for what your proposing and still say the Constitution matters. Due process and innocence until proven guilty are part of the reason we’re even a country and not under British rule.

Some cops abuse their power and authority. If In doubt say YES SIR at the beginning of every sentence . I once was stopped for passing by where a cop was sitting at a 100 mph wide open. Because of my extreme *** kissing I walked. It didn’t hurt that he also had a hot Mopar.
I got pulled over on a trumped up drag racing charge, I was livid, yet while I did get a ticket and fight it in court, I maintained a professional and courteous attitude with him, yes sir, no sir, etc. even after he got me out of my truck and patted me down. Indiana law says he could have arrested me if he wanted, but he let me go with the ticket, in part due to my behavior. He even told me I was the politest person he’d had during a traffic stop in a long while.

The attitude in which you enter any situation will ultimately affect the outcome, good or bad.

I am so sick of the media acting like cops are just shooting innocent people. As a young man I was always told to do what the officer asks, be respectful and keep your hands on the wheel. I disobeyed that one time and got out of the car to continue to argue my point. The officer got behind his door, put his hand on his gun and proceeded to scream at me to get back in the car. This was a white kid in white suburbia. If I would have escalated this and charged the cop, reached for a weapon, or ran, I am almost certain I would of been shot.
This is not about race as much as it is following the law, respecting authority, and taking accountability for your actions. Everyone of these criminals shot have done the exact opposite. It doesn’t matter what race they are, if people choose to respond to authority in that matter, there chance of being killed escalates. I really hate getting political on a forum meant for enthusiasts, but felt compelled to respond.

If you're giving a cop attitude because you got pulled over or whatever, there are a few reasons...

1. You're just plain stupid...
2. You're self absorbed and think you are above the law. Fact, you aren't, see #1
3. You're intentionally trying to create a diversion or a distraction so you can hide something or you're thinking of doing something you should not. Again, see #1

There is no "legitimate" reason to do it. Unless you think being "just plain stupid" is a legitimate reason.... See #1...

I wouldn’t agree with that. Maybe a stiffer penalty, but not death. I mean hell, the Constitution and it’s articles guarantee due process. We can’t argue for what your proposing and still say the Constitution matters. Due process and innocence until proven guilty are part of the reason we’re even a country and not under British rule.

Funny story, my second son who is almost 19, used to run around in his jeans with his t-short tucked into his back pocket hanging. he had a bit of a stutter because he was a very excited 4 year old... We always thought he reminded us of the people that "run" on that cops show....

I've made it a goal to not interact with police if at all possible...I wont even say good morning in passing...:)

My buddy (former cop) says there three things they look for when passing people.

1. Good guy wave.. A simple hand gesture involving a simple raising of the hand slightly off the wheel. just like you'd do with anyone. most likely you're not even looking a the cop.
2. Dumb guy wave. You wave like an idiot and look at the cop to make sure the notice you.. you're likely getting followed or pulled over.
3. Bad guy wave. Not a wave at all, you intentionally hide your face by conveniently looking away at the "right time". You're likely getting followed or pulled over.

lol..

-=C

Anyone DUI or doing over 100 should be shot on the spot.
But that's my opinion.
I've got more people trying to kill me with their cars than cops trying to stop me and kill me with their tasers.
But that's a fact.

Officer shot in Carroll County "lucky to be alive", says family | 11alive.com

Well that will take out all of FABO and 3/4 of Idaho drivers .

That kid in MN got pulled over for expired tags ... thats a tax violation !
$120 bucks...
Does anyone know what his warrant was for ? Probably another unpaid ticket on a non-violent offense.

This won't go over well but how is it that no one got shot ( well one did I guess) rushing the capitol and whacking cops over the head with sticks and taking their weapons ? Just curious....
I think they handled it the right way because it would have gotten REAL UGLY if multiple shots had been fired .

However I do feel bad for this female cop because I believe it was a mistake . One that will ruin her life... really sad for both .

i think post #9 really says it all

the only thing i do different is when the officer says "license and registration" i tell him "im not reaching for anything untill after ive informed you there is a registered and loaded 9mm in the door pocket, under the arm rest and tucked into my waisteband"

that usually sets the tone, because officers KNOW that most CPL holders are not a threat to them

You need a good pair of Miracle Ears. Should deaf people drive?

j/k lol
I feel an officer requirement should be proficiency in sign language. And know enough Spanish to get by.

point 1: the deaf people
many states have laws that make it illegal to wear ear pods when operating a vehicle because it impairs your hearing and this causes a dangerous situation (for instance, you may not hear the train horn honking at you at the RR crossing you are about to cross)

now, if that is true, there could be an argument made that deaf people should not be allowed to drive anymore then blind people since they both have diminished senses (senses, not sense)

point 2: foreigners
they should learn to speak English
period
Some cops abuse their power and authority. If In doubt say YES SIR at the beginning of every sentence . I once was stopped for passing by where a cop was sitting at a 100 mph wide open. Because of my extreme *** kissing I walked. It didn’t hurt that he also had a hot Mopar.

HA! i learned this one growing up near an airforce base
i didnt know this at the time, but the MPs that provide security to the base have the authority to uphold civil law as well, in a certain radius of their base and this includes traffic violations

so when i was a young buck i got pulled over for speeding by 2 MPs who were both carrying HK416s
i never had so many "yes sir"s in one sentence
(and i got off with a warning because they could barely keep up, let alone clock me)

How about you tell me why you assume you know the intentions of others when you clearly have NO clue? Takes all kinds of people to all kinds of jobs.

1. My friend the fireman, a former Marine. doesn't like fire, he likes the job which includes saving lives in his community and standing up for something.

2. My friends who are cops, a few former military, a few cops before the military, aren't in it for authority, see #1.

3. I don't know any EMT's within the last few years, but I'm pretty sure they don't do the work because they like blood. What the **** is wrong with you to think that? You some sort of serial killer?

it's often the case we project our own thoughts onto others, maybe you think in the ways you assume others do, if that's true, I feel sorry for you....

get some help...
You just proved my point, thank you

You just proved my point, thank you

Bwahaha, what a "cop" out...

My response to your so called "point" was to illustrate you know nothing of people intentions.
You asked why people gravitate to certain jobs, then proceeded to answer yourself in such a way that painted people in uniform in a bad light.... get a grip... Your post was an idiotic attempt at best to make those people out to be power hungry, serial killer, arsonists....

LOL

Last edited:

$120 bucks...
Does anyone know what his warrant was for ? Probably another unpaid ticket on a non-violent offense.

This won't go over well but how is it that no one got shot ( well one did I guess) rushing the capitol and whacking cops over the head with sticks and taking their weapons ? Just curious....
I think they handled it the right way because it would have gotten REAL UGLY if multiple shots had been fired .

However I do feel bad for this female cop because I believe it was a mistake . One that will ruin her life... really sad for both .

I've driven in Idaho.
I've driven in metro area traffic.
There's a difference.
People should learn that.

$120 bucks...

He had a warrant for aggravated attempted robbery. He previously robbed and choked a woman while pointing his gun at her head.

$120 bucks...

The warrant was also for not appearing in
Court for illegal gun possession.
This was a senseless outcome on both
Sides. This could of totally avoided!

As for a cop standing to the rear of the window it’s for their safety. It’s a lot harder for driver to shot them or swing the door open and hit them with it possibly knocking them down.

they should speak louder if they stand there.

My brother-in-law is a retired cop and if he was treated with respect he would return respect.

Don’t get me wrong, this cop should be fired and charged for murder. This shooting wasn’t justified in my opinion.

that said, all this outrage over a yet another thug with a rap sheet is rather overblown.

Actions have consequences. That goes for the cop too

The warrant was also for not appearing in
Court for illegal gun possession.
This was a senseless outcome on both
Sides. This could of totally avoided!

As for a cop standing to the rear of the window it’s for their safety. It’s a lot harder for driver to shot them or swing the door open and hit them with it possibly knocking them down.

they should speak louder if they stand there.

My brother-in-law is a retired cop and if he was treated with respect he would return respect.
Says here it was for robbing and choking a woman while holding her at gun point.
Daunte Wright accused of choking and robbing woman at gunpoint, had arrest warrant

Daunte Wright, the 20-year-old Black man shot by a police officer in a Minneapolis suburb Sunday afternoon, had an open warrant for his arrest related to an aggravated armed robbery attempt when he was killed, according to court records”

There is a right way and a wrong way to conduct yourself when interacting with police. There is a right way and a wrong way to conduct yourself when interacting with a suspect. I did it for 30 years, and after arresting over a thousand people, I never shot a single person.

My buddy (former cop) says there three things they look for when passing people.

1. Good guy wave.. A simple hand gesture involving a simple raising of the hand slightly off the wheel. just like you'd do with anyone. most likely you're not even looking a the cop.
2. Dumb guy wave. You wave like an idiot and look at the cop to make sure the notice you.. you're likely getting followed or pulled over.
3. Bad guy wave. Not a wave at all, you intentionally hide your face by conveniently looking away at the "right time". You're likely getting followed or pulled over.

lol..

-=C
Wouldn't this ^^ be a prime example of abuse of power? Law enforcement enforce the law. If a person doesn't wave or look at a cop, what law did they break? If none, then it's pure egoistic and abuse of power, and actually against the law. This would make the cop a law breaker. If they went to court and said "i pulled this citizen over because they didn't wave" they would be dismissed of their duties.

P.S. - I'm not anti-cop. I'm only responding to the quote I quoted. Surprised I made it this far in this thread, actually LOL

Wouldn't this ^^ be a prime example of abuse of power? Law enforcement enforce the law. If a person doesn't wave or look at a cop, what law did they break? If none, then it's pure egoistic and abuse of power, and actually against the law. This would make the cop a law breaker. If they went to court and said "i pulled this citizen over because they didn't wave" they would be dismissed of their duties.

You might think so, but the truth is, they can pull you over for anything they want really. Statistics are what they are. If he saw someone, a white guy, rolling around a industrial area late at night, but the person "did" nothing wrong and he moved along, the guy who gutted a women across town would have potentially gotten away.

What actually happened, was he saw a guy driving slowly though an industrial area late at night and pulled the guy over... The "murderer" was caught, end of story...

And, if you think a cop is going to get dismissed of his duties for this, you're dead wrong...

We passed a fair number of cops on Saturday during our essential 70 mile trip to get to the grocery store that's 2 miles from the house! I just smiled and nodded at every officer that I made eye contact with. Plate stickers 2 years out of date and all... :D

-
Back