How to measure Intake Manifold Height

-

340inabbody

Reaction score
Anybody knows how Edlebrock measures Intake Manifold Height?

Is it from the top of the base or from the bottom? Or is the measurement based on how it sits in the block? If so where is the reference point?

7576 Air Gap 5.35”
2176 Performer 4.63”
7176 RPM. 5.35”

Last edited:
After some scrubbing I found this. While Edlebrock states the height as H which is is not carb height. The carb height is what we really need 99% of the time. This is measured/referenced at the bottom of the manifold to the carb base CH.

IMG_1697.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok my last word on this for the sake of accuracy and completeness. When measuring the height of an intake manifold, the important thing is to measure HOW it sits in the engine. This is exactly how Edlebrock describes it above by CH. Note the drawing is not referencing to the absolute bottom of the manifold. It is measuring from the flange port. The reason for doing this is that every manifold is different on the bottom depth. Look at the profile difference from an M1 single plane to a duel plane air gap. The duel plane sits lower, therfore to properly compare the two manifold heights I had to prop up the M1 to match the ports (as it sits in the engine). The M1 is practically flat. The duel plane has a super thick bottom not unlike my first girlfriend.

IMG_1702.jpeg

IMG_1700.jpeg

-
Back