how to ruin a duster

-

hemitheus

19? Plymouth Scampenstein
Reaction score
This guy is obviously a skilled bodyman. But... but... Ugh. Bodyman skills and taste do not go hand in hand, CLEARLY.

Attachments

• crap1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 910
  • crap2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 906
yeh, this has been posted at least a couple of times on here. But I do agree. ruined

How 'bout the Scoop on the one next to it? Must be something nasty under the hood.

I can't tell by the plates where the car is from, but that front end looks like a Brazilian or Australian A body. If that is the case, maybe the guy was simply trying to recreate something that he couldn't find here. The styling isn't what I would do to my own car, but I applaud the guy for trying something different. Look at the hood. It is a Dart Sport, not a Duster.

Nope, those South American and Austrailian A bodies actually loook good.

Obviously a lot of hard work - the guy's got skills no doubt.
But.... that Dart Sport now looks like a Buick.

reminds me of this cuda...

carlisle09%20228.jpg

carlisle09%20232.jpg

carlisle09%20233.jpg

reminds me of this cuda...

carlisle09%20228.jpg

carlisle09%20232.jpg

carlisle09%20233.jpg

Wow! That's amazing how he did those bumpers. But the only mod I really like is the radiused rear wheel openings. Even tho' the bumpers are a little off the wall, I've seen much uglier early barracudas.

I don't know. I know I wouldn't ever call somebody's car butt ugly that had that much good craftsmanship tied up in it.....because first, "I" am not that good and secondly, It's THEIR car. They built it like they wanted to. Would I build mine like that? Maybe not, but that certainly doesn't mean their cars are ruined. I think some of yall need to get off your frikkin high horses.

It's alot harder to design and build a car like those
than to replace stock parts like most do.

Personally I like seeing these cars as opposed to seeing
a row of cookie cutter/all the same iron that most on here build.
Thoughs cars are artwork, Vanilla and Sheep come to mind when
I hear all the haters.

Thoughs cars are bad ***!

Even though both of those aren't my cup of tea, I certainly can admire the effort and craftsmanship that anyone uses to modify any vehicle. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but if the owner is happy or proud of the outcome, then I will never be one to offer an unsolicited opinion.

Grant

The purple car actually looks like a Dart Sport. Heres my contribution...

Attachments

• d0032.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 636
I like the mods done to the Cuda,they work and everything blend's together well. Almost looks like it belongs there. That's the sign of a good custom mod.

The Duster doesnt quite pull it off,as the mod's are waaaay more in your face.

I'd agree w/Longarm in the fact it does take a ton of skill to do what was done to the Duster and the early Cuda. Not what I would do, but can't deny the skills.

Im thinking I have to agree with StrokerScamp... I mean, neither of them are what I would do.. and Im pretty sure I dont particularly like the look they went for.. but.. I totally admire what it took to do them.. Those people have skills.. Like Stroker and others (including myself) have said on here many times before, its their car.. you only live once, build it how you want it.. As for the car in post #15 ...lol.. well.. if they make another Joe Dirt movie, this car NEEDS to be in it.. its definitely interesting...lol

I like the Barracuda. Those bumpers are cool,good job. The Dart sport not so much. I applaud his work, I just don't like the GM parts mixing.

OOOOhhh I could pull the body off of the Ramcharger and throw the 71 Duster 340 4 speed shell on that frame...

It seems no one likes the GM parts mixing til it comes to GM transmissions.

I personally like the radius wheel wells on that Barracuda thought. I wonder if he used a clone for the radius and from what?

-
Back