How will it perform?

-
I didn't doubt your racing experience, but I'll stand by my opinion and hopefully I'm wrong....
Good luck and looking forward to seeing your results... :thumbsup: .....
Cool, I appreciate all opinions. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what any of us think. The car will run what it will run.... lol

Cool, I appreciate all opinions. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what any of us think. The car will run what it will run.... lol

Pretty sure you saw my cam card for my Racer Brown cam if you want more duration. He made this cam for a friend of mines street car. I’d like to try more lift one of these days.

Pretty sure you saw my cam card for my Racer Brown cam if you want more duration. He made this cam for a friend of mines street car. I’d like to try more lift one of these days.
Yes, I have that cam card saved in my notes. I bounced the idea of more duration with my cam guy (same guy that sent you the Victor 340) and we talked about the specs on your cam card but eventually he talked me into trying what he spec'ed out first. Easy enough to change cam down the road if I am not satisfied with how it performs.

Kinda also depends on how well it hooks. Mine had less weight, and more tire, and ladders. If it hooks, I'll stand by my prediction, very low tens....., high nines maybe in good weather.
(Mine had a best of 1.36 60, 4.04 for 330.)

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what any of us think. The car will run what it will run.

Totally agree!!

My .02 is, the heads/cam are too small for a 408 stroker to really exploit a converter that actually flashes to 5800.

I’d guesstimate the hp at 575-600hp.
I think the peak will occur in the low/mid-6000’s, and fall of fairly quickly.
It’s from the peak on up where I’d expect more duration to pay off.

Last edited:
My build is getting real close to being ready to test on the track. Any guesses on how much HP the engine will make? What about ET and MPH in the 1/4?

12.5 CR (flat tops with valve reliefs)
Trick Flow CNC Ported with titanium retainers (I don't have the flow numbers but they are available online)
Solid Roller Cam - 660 lift, 258/264 duration at .050 108 LCA
HS roller rockers (1.5's)
Thumper 950ish carb on a Victor 340 and HVH 1" spacer
Hedman Huster headers with 1 7/8" primaries and 3.5 collector

Reverse Manual Valvebody
5800 PTC non-lockup

9"
4.10 gears and spooled.

'73 Duster (3000# with me in it)
Caltracs
Calvert mono leafs
Calvert shocks front and rear
FirmFeel uppers and strut rods.

Thanks in advance.
Bill
I am not smart enough to venture a guess but I am a huge fan of this build. I check the site once in a while to see if you posted any new progress. I am a little sad the color will be changing since my 75 Dart Sport is the same color, but yours will look great in that green color. Keep up the great work and have fun with it, whatever it runs.

Not bad but mine better be quicker.... lol
I totally agree that your car will be faster than mine. I also never spent any time tuning the car, everything is out of the box. I have never even changed the jets in the carb, lol. I think your car will be low tens out of the gate. I do however think that you may end up putting 4.30 or maybe even 4.56 just because of running a 29" tire.

I'm really looking forward to see what you run and your progression with car.

I totally agree that your car will be faster than mine. I also never spent any time tuning the car, everything is out of the box. I have never even changed the jets in the carb, lol. I think your car will be low tens out of the gate. I do however think that you may end up putting 4.30 or maybe even 4.56 just because of running a 29" tire.

I gave him a pass on the gear because number one he runs 1/4 mile. Number 2 being he has a power adder on
His other car. I believe he will be hitting the go gas before long. Lol

Should run high 9’s easy. If it doesn’t I will be shocked.

My car is lighter(300lbs) but I have half the engine and my junk has ran a best of 9.70 @ 136.47 mph. This past weekend my car ran 9.74 @ 136 mph in 5400’ air and 76% humidity.

If you have decent air, I’m sure you will hit your goal of high 9’s

Nice build by the way

IMG_3855.png

I’m building another third member for it and it will have more gear. Waiting to see what this one spins to through the traps before I do.

In this off-season I'd have the intake manifold 'fixed' and then it'll probably run near the 9's. This all depending on how well you can optimize the combo (tuning and execution). I think I've said it in other posts but I feel it would respond to more cam, a 4500 carb and a 904 LOL (WTH more stall too) I'd guess the current gear and small cam will work together well. More gear would likely run out of steam. Good luck but I'm betting you'll have it pretty close, pretty quickly.

So. Any updates
A couple of updates.... The engine now has a Trick Flow Track Heat intake and swapped out the 3rd member to a spooled 4.30 gear. The car is ready to rock and we are just waiting to get through the winter and for the track to open up in April. I'm guessing it's a solid low/mid 10 second car the way it sits right now.

In this off-season I'd have the intake manifold 'fixed' and then it'll probably run near the 9's. This all depending on how well you can optimize the combo (tuning and execution). I think I've said it in other posts but I feel it would respond to more cam, a 4500 carb and a 904 LOL (WTH more stall too) I'd guess the current gear and small cam will work together well. More gear would likely run out of steam. Good luck but I'm betting you'll have it pretty close, pretty quickly.
I swapped the Victor340 for a Trick Flow and plan on sending the Victor to PBR to do his thing once he gets caught up. Hope to have it back by April when the tracks are supposed to open back up.

-
Back