Hp 273 photos needed

-
I did a little experiment. I went to Napa and picked up a can of International Harvester red and painted my oil filter adapter. The oil pan is NAPA Mopar red
and the distributor is original paint. I sure don't think the IH red is very close to the original which is slightly orange. The oil pan is too orange for my taste (NAPA Mopar red) but it is a lot closer to the original color than the IH red. The IH red is more of a blood red and the NAPA red is a orange red. What do you guys think? toolmanmike

engine 162.jpg

engine 164.jpg

engine 166.jpg

engine 167.jpg

engine 169.jpg

i did a little experiment. I went to napa and picked up a can of international harvester red and painted my oil filter adapter. The oil pan is napa mopar red
and the distributor is original paint. I sure don't think the ih red is very close to the original which is slightly orange. The oil pan is too orange for my taste (napa mopar red) but it is a lot closer to the original color than the ih red. The ih red is more of a blood red and the napa red is a orange red. What do you guys think? Toolmanmike

AGREED all they way!!

Needs to be Sherwin Williams IH red (normally the brand NAPA sells or did sell). Anyway.... Mopar red is specifically listed as wrong by several sources. Sherwin Williams IH red is listed as correct and matches the original red on my timing chain cover.

The red you want is SHERWIN WILLIAMS (Intl. Harvester Red) KS130. They say it is an exact match for the 273 red (same for the 340 in my car).

I painted my stock intake with Napa, Inernational Harvester Red and it is RED.

Thanks for the info. I should have read your post closer. I thought the NAPA
paint was the one I wanted.

Attached are two more pix. one is the engine and trans, on the k-member, floating on a dolly. The other is the home made (thanks, Keith) brackets to lift the car. We have pulled the entire front end out, will raise the car, and roll this entire unit under the front end, and lower it down and begin bolting it up!

0514101844a.jpg

0514101845a.jpg

It was! had a great deal on a new challenger but the dart did not sell at my "reduced" price so the hell with the challenger and now I will turn my little dart into a "bad ***" street cruiser!! going to build a 360 stroker for it!
I just finished getting my stroker(408)running in my 66 Dart,took it out for a cruise today!Holy chit what a difference in torque and power compared to the .030 over 360 with X heads.Hang on your in for a surprise!8)

My 273 is in! I was surprised when I got home from taking my kids to school that my buddy, Keith, had used the engine hoist to raise the body, roll the motor/tranny combo under there, and i arrived home in time to put a jack on the tranny to push it up an inch or so. Took 20 minutes to install and NOT A SCRATCH ON ANYTHING!!!!!!The K-member is snugged up, the tranny mounts are snugged up. Time to hang some accessories and wire this bad boy up. Cranking it this weekend!

-
Back