Hp manifolds...any better?

-

DusterKrazy

Reaction score
Not an a-body but I do have a 400 in my '65 Newport that has the stock exhaust manifolds. I also have some '72 or '73 hp manifolds that I could swap on but is it even worth doing?

The HP manifolds are supposed to flow more than stock, how much more haven't a clue. If however your 400 is basically stock, and the low compression, you won't notice any difference with the HP manifolds except maybe the use of several strains of profanity getting the old ones out the HP's in.\\:D/

for your 400 depending on the build. i am a firm believer that hps are good specially in darts if your around 500 to 600 hp limits they are 3 inch outlet so to get max flow run them to 3 inch pipes. i believe they flow better than shortie headers because shorties are restricted anyways for a bodys defeats the porpose of having headers lol hp manifolds are in my opinion a good way to go if installed right in a 500 hp aplication

oh btw im looking for more hp manifolds im building an 440 for another dart and they are so much nicer install clears the inner fenders on both sides and clears power steering

I have run B-body HP manifolds in a 69 C-body. Theyt will work and will flow better.

It's a very stockish 400.
*Hughes cam 470 lift with 214 at .050 duration+ matched valve springs.
*Double roller timing set.
*452 heads.
*modified 600 Holley on a '68 383 intake.
*High volume oil pump.

-
Back