Huge Northeast Blizzard of '17

-

69_340_GTS

Reaction score
Fellow FABO members, stay safe out there today! I'm in NW Connecticut and we are going to get 24" or more of snow in the next 18 hours. 35 mph winds with gusts to 60. Thundersnow too is predicted. That's pretty insane! Governor has already closed down the state. As of 5AM no "nonessential" vehicles are allowed on the roads. I kind of hope this thing poops out, but I doubt it will.

It's been going for about 2 and a half hours now here and there's already 8 to 9" of it on the ground.

I prepared before I left for work today. Split a bunch of firewood, picked up some eggs, bacon, bread, cheese, soup, beer. Slapped the snow plow on the front of my D50 and when I got home from work I lit the wood stove. Even if the power goes out, I'll be able to stay warm and cook food too.

Eggs bacon and beer works for me!
It's been going for about 2 and a half hours now here and there's already 8 to 9" of it on the ground.

I prepared before I left for work today. Split a bunch of firewood, picked up some eggs, bacon, bread, cheese, soup, beer. Slapped the snow plow on the front of my D50 and when I got home from work I lit the wood stove. Even if the power goes out, I'll be able to stay warm and cook food too.

Can make a lot of different stuff with eggs, bacon, cheese and bread... The beer is to conserve water if the power goes out (lol), the tank off my well can supply a couple gallons of water if the power goes, but why waste it for drinking LOL

just started here (north central Mass. - right at the Vt border) - still calling for a foot plus - oh joy :BangHead:

the asshole weather people that got all the idiots wound up thinking they were going to be snowed in for days just yesterday are not back pedaling.. stopped snowing her about 3am they said and turned to heavy rain...

i can't remember the last time these asshole weather actually called a storm right in this area..

the asshole weather people that got all the idiots wound up thinking they were going to be snowed in for days just yesterday are not back pedaling.. stopped snowing her about 3am they said and turned to heavy rain...

i can't remember the last time these asshole weather actually called a storm right in this area..

Yep. Accu NEVER! *** clown this morning. Well it's changed to rain if it stays that way we MAYhave to down grade the totals. MAY have too. Really.

Thanks I thought it was me.

Well I've been at work sense 7:00 and it is snowing like hell. It's up to the lock out hubs on my 85 power ram with 33 inch tire. Doesn't look like there's any signs of letting up.I'm in NEPA.

look at the good side, rain will help get rid of the snow , if it`s above freezing .----as I always say, better you than me lol

It's all good. I was referring to joes acknowledging he heard the weather nitwit say he MAY have to down grade the snow total if it keeps raining.

We tried to suck some of the snow out of the storm so you guys out east wouldn't get so much. I guess 10" here wasn't enough.

North Carolina was predicted for 4 to 6 inches early in the week. Perhaps you will be as fortunate as we were
Everyone be safe

FB_20170313_16_45_27_Saved_Picture.jpg

Here we had 12" plus on the west end of town and south of it. The east end of town a dusting of snow. Got to love the big lake sometimes.

-
Back