Hump Day Holeshot: “FrankenDart” Runs 10′s with a 4-Banger Turbo

-
I love unique swaps like that. I wonder how they connected the drivetrain though.

That's blasphemy, why not put in a srt4???? WHY in the heck would you put in a Mitsumi motor?? waste of a nice dart IMO, I dont care how fast it goes. read some of the comments they are a hoot...one even references FABO.

I think it's awesome. Looks like a lot of closed minded people here. Wasn't Mitsu part of Chrylser at one time? So technically when that engine was made it could have originally been in a Chrysler product. It just shows you that you don't have to have a traditional power plant to go fast. I like it. And look how narrow the rear tire is and it still launched good.

That's blasphemy, why not put in a srt4???? WHY in the heck would you put in a Mitsumi motor?? waste of a nice dart IMO, I dont care how fast it goes. read some of the comments they are a hoot...one even references FABO.

The mitsu motor is virtually the same as the SRT motor. You're splitting hairs.

Ok i stand corrected apparently the srt's used a mitsumi turbo so in reality your right and I am closed minded. still think they should have used an srt4.

I like it. It's a neat "Oddrod". Not something I would do, but I appreciate what it took to get it done and run those times.

That's blasphemy,

No such thing in true hot rodding IMHO. I love my Mopars, but our cars just carry brand names, they're not rigidly-defined religions.

I've got H.E.I. ignition on my Swinger, and a bellhousing in the garage that'll let me bolt a Mustang T-5 behind my slant someday. I also plan to get Dr. Diff's rear disk package that uses Cobra rear calipers. So what?

I think the hobby is about being innovative and figuring out how to work with what you've got to create what you want, not being bound by the labels and availability of parts. To each his own.

At least is wasn't another Chebby small block. Not that it would be offensive to me, just boring.

Ok i stand corrected apparently the srt's used a mitsumi turbo so in reality your right and I am closed minded. still think they should have used an srt4.

WTF? So its bad if they don't document exactly what car the engine came out of?

I'll just never understand this "mopar or no car" nonsense.

I think it's awesome. Looks like a lot of closed minded people here. Wasn't Mitsu part of Chrylser at one time?

My 'Dodge' Stealth is a Mitsubishi. If I could easily put the drivetrain from that in my Duster I'd be all over it (well, except for the fact that the Stealth is a better car all around, I mean -other than being a fat pig, but then the new Challengers have that in common with it lol).

400+ HP, AWD, and 35+mpg?
Any time:)

That car is awesome and very fast. I know my stroker340 don't run 10's. Job well done.

bad *** i also have one of those cars as a fun toy my eagle talon is fun as hell nothing like running 25 psi on a car you can drive to work everyday and still get great mpg. I use to hate these cars as well till i bought one cheap had fun driving it stock built a few for some customers and then went overboard on mine.

Was it just me, or did his reaction times kind of suck?

I'd rather have a RWD turboed 4 in an old Dart than one of the new ones By the time fuel gets to 6 bux a gallon, a few of us might wish we had one.

I love it personally. It's not something i would do to a factory 340 car but that car doesn't appear to have been anything special. This is what hot rodding is all about, swapping parts and making something better than stock.:finga::finga::finga::finga::finga::finga:

-
Back