Hunting lately

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok!!! I know some of yall have been hunting or fishing.
has there been any freezers filled up yet.:tongue9:
I was woke up last night by a few Beagles running something close to the house,

Ok I just wanted to start a new thread:angel9:

Sorry Mike, just grain fed beef in the freezer this year, but next year I intend to make that a different story.

Terry

Not enough deer being hunted around here. Road kill is the usual way they go.

I thought I would see a big moose head or a big mule dear this morning
on this thread.:bounce:

ive been up looking for bear a few times, going again this pm. my boy got a nice buck opening morning. its only a fork but weighed in 148lbs feild dressed. thats pretty big for a blacktail. heres a couple of pics. sorry about the quality but my camera doesnt work good when the sky is overcast

damians buck1.JPG

damians buck 2.JPG

Your are correct ! That is a nice black tail.:cheers:
congratulations to your son, and you to Dad.:salut:
Looks like he is doing a great job getting it ready for the freezer.
hope you have a good hunt this pm,
be carfull and carry a side arm. If you can!.

Thanks for the post sweatyBetty, I feel allot better know:happy3:

Sorry Mike, just grain fed beef in the freezer this year, but next year I intend to make that a different story.

Terry
My son usually fills mine for the last three years or so.
But we do have two three day hunts here at my house this year."Shot gun".
so maybe I can get one myself this year.[-o<

two legged or four legged dear lol:laughing:

Two leggier's are always good to see. But I have a marriage license so
that means no hunting to bring home to enjoy.:happy3:

Hope everything go's good and you show us your deer.
what ammo will you be throwing Saturday?

Thanks Mike.

I use a Browning semi-automatic .270 cal with Redfield scope.

My neighbor across the street shot a 4 pointer this morning wieghing 130 lbs.

Coyote Jack, got a moose two weeks ago and he is going deer hunting when the season starts oct 22 to nov 18. He and his buddies will likely get a few.

Coyote Jack, got a moose two weeks ago and he is going deer hunting when the season starts oct 22 to nov 18. He and his buddies will likely get a few.

Thanks for the up date. Leblanc.

Here you go Mike. I'm in the first pic on the right. 310 yards on the move with my .270.

Second pic is both moose we got. All done the first day of a 3 day season.

My first day of deer hunting will be 2 Friday's from now. Look out mister big buck.

Jack

4.jpg

11.jpg

Deer Hunting Does Not Start Till The First Monday Of November For Guns In Ontario.. I Am Ready To Go. Can't Wait. Fishing Has Been Great This Summer. Probably The Best I Have Ever Had For Big Fish. Heres Some Pics Of The Big Ones.

CA0DOXGF.jpg

CAZI8331.jpg

CA8XYV01.jpg

CAWLMNOP.jpg

CANUGVF1.jpg

CASX0P0F.jpg

Well people skin deer in different ways is all I can tell you. We have tried it both ways and this seems to be the easiest for us to do. He first cuts the around the neck and then cuts around the front legs and then slits the legs to the breast area. He then raised the deer higher and we both pull the skin down past the butt area. Then he cuts around the back legs and then the skin is removed. Then the breast bone gets cut and the wind pipe gets cut in the neck and all of the internals fall in a wheel barrow that he pushed between the deer's back legs. Then we take it the processor.

why does he have it hanging upside down??

I was wondering the same thing until it got answered. People do things different everywhere. Doesn't mean it's wrong, just different. Some of the things I do when hunting would make people shake their heads. I always hear people taking about eliminating their scent. I don't worry about it, I even smoke in the stand. The way I look at it is, my truck has a scent to it, my camp is full of bacon smell in the morning and booze and smoking goes on at the camp all the time. Those smells are in my cloths and blowing down wind so I don't worry about having the odd smoke. I just position my stands so it has the least effect. I have one stand in a travel way, it is about 30 feet in the air. I have never spooked a deer or moose while in that stand and I can drop rocks on some of them.

Jack

Here's one for ya Mike, inline muzzleloader season opened yesterday, doe only, after seeing a nice 8 point buck at 7:30, the kid scored his first inline deer at 9am. We took up inlines about four years ago cause we hunt urban trapped deer. Been hunting the same spots for 27 years and the houses and commercial development are moving in on us.
And I'm with you on the scent Jack, I don't subscribe to scentless hunting.

Eric's 1st Inline doe 10-13-07.jpg

Hi Mike, Just got back from a week muzzle loader elk hunting with my Best friend. He drew a permit for an area here in Wasington State called the Toutle. Didn't get his elk but we sure seen some neat things. This area is in the shadow of Mt. Saint Helens it was amazing to see what the mud flows from the eruption did to the Toutle river valley. A couple of days the weather cleared and we could see the Mountain. Our view was of the south side, the eruption blew out the north side, but from the south you can tell the top is missing. Sorry I don't have any pictures to post, forgot my camera at home.](*,)

Probably The Best I Have Ever Had For Big Fish. Heres Some Pics Of The Big Ones.Quote
Man That is some giant fish moparwedden !! Are they Muskies.
Something tells me you have a big freezer.
Thanks for sharing !! My wife enjoyed seeing them to.
I have never eat anything like that.

My first day of deer hunting will be 2 Friday's from now. Look out mister big buck.
Something tells me you will get your limit an fill someone else too.:hello2:

Know I see how you got your name Coyote Jake.:thumleft:

-
Back